What's new

Another experiment

Not really sure excatly where to post this so but since my main thing was with a shaving cream, I'll try it here.

I am one of those "Tim the tool man" kind of guys who likes to improve on things or just try something cause it seems like a good idea. This morning my mad scientist streak kicked in again as I concocted a way of trying to use up my stock of various aftershaves.

I had remembered a post either here or at SRP about someone trying to apply can shaving cream with a brush. The overall consensus was it didn't work. Well I have one of those hot lather machines that uses the canned goo. (Yes I much prefer the mug and brush but the machine is kind of fun and hey, I picked it up at Big Lots for a whole five bucks.) I've found that the Barbasol with aloe when heated in the machine applys very nicely with my badger brush (another five dollar find at Big Lots).

Now I love Pinaud Bay Rum, the wife hates it. So I try to use it in small quantities as a little does go a long way. I put the hot lather in a little bowl and added a few drops of the Pinaud (very little disintegrated when the alcohol hit it) swirled with the brush and taa daa Bay Rum scented hot lather. What surprised me the most was that somewhat diluted, the Pinaud smelled even better. In fact the wife didn't complain about how I smelled this morning.

I think I'll try some different variations of what she calls my "old man" scents and see how they fair. I wonder what should be next? Old Spice, Clubman, Hmmmmm......

Top Bottom