What's new

The Anything Thread

Daggone, I think that is the balance on my son's savings account.

He didn't write some weird virus named after Da Vinci that steals fractions of cents from bank accounts and tips oil tankers and stuff, did he? Cause if he did... I'm pretty sure it's been done. Of course, I guess that's a comment for the movie thread. :tongue:

He didn't write some weird virus named after Da Vinci that steals fractions of cents from bank accounts and tips oil tankers and stuff, did he? Cause if he did... I'm pretty sure it's been done. Of course, I guess that's a comment for the movie thread. :tongue:

Brewster's Millions, fractional cents make you rich.

Brewster's Millions, fractional cents make you rich.

Wait wait. Here we're combining two Richard Pryor roles. The fractional cents bit is clearly from Superman III, where hacker Gus Gorman is stealing the 1/2 cents from Webscoe Industries. Brewster's Millions on the other hand, has Monty Brewster trying to spend his $30 mil inheritance within the time limit in order to win $300 mil. Still, Gorman only got $85,789.90 but then got to become a henchman.

In any case, my allegiance to both geekdom and Superman prevented me from not pointing this out, I hope you'll understand. :wink:

Wait wait. Here we're combining two Richard Pryor roles. The fractional cents bit is clearly from Superman III, where hacker Gus Gorman is stealing the 1/2 cents from Webscoe Industries. Brewster's Millions on the other hand, has Monty Brewster trying to spend his $30 mil inheritance within the time limit in order to win $300 mil. Still, Gorman only got $85,789.90 but then got to become a henchman.

In any case, my allegiance to both geekdom and Superman prevented me from not pointing this out, I hope you'll understand. :wink:

You should check out the original book, Brewster's Millions.

dang, beat me to it....dang 10th_anniversary_that_keeps_me_off_B&B.....

nevermind, as it turns out, I didn't miss ya'll that much.......
......mmmmmmm, Pi........:biggrin:

You freaks actually pushed this thread past two hundred posts.

Good Job!!!

If we work real hard at it, I think we can break 300 before the next week is out... Let's pull it together guys. Let's show those guys over at the other 2 threads how it's done! It'd be awesome if we could break 500 before the long weekend ended. Shouldn't be too hard if we can bait every active member on the board into making at least 1 post each. Maybe we should use some keywords so we get flagged when people do searches for their favorite topics...

So while I was shaving my head with a straight razor I looked over at my broken Stahly, next to the B&B Best Badger Brush Prototype. It reminded me of the time I used Linux Mint to try and guess the movie that was playing on t.v. and then a commercial for Sam Adams came on, and I remembered that bottle of Utopia I had sitting in the fridge. "Does your sister have a chicken?" I said to myself as I thought of my favorite dirty punchline while I decanted some Aqua Velva into a brandy snifter and topped it off with a little Pinaud's Bay Rum, creating the ultimate aftershave splash cocktail. Fred Rogers would have been proud with the way I Chuck Norrised a name into a verb, and spoliated the shaving section at Crabtree and Evelyn yesterday, and I can rest easy knowing that I'll be checking out the gams on TWGW while she admires my BBS face.

Top Bottom