What's new

Your experience on BS&T

I was just wondering what the general consensus on BS&T is? My experience has been mixed. Some great, upfront sellers who describe accurately and price fairly. Others... If I want a mint or near mint razor I expect to pay for it. Let me say, here, that I don't object to a seller asking a premium price for a really nice razor. But I have had some less than perfect transactions. People asking for that premium price but delivering an average razor. People who are less than forthcoming about a defect, not describing it in the text. I have gotten a bent razor, one with a lazy door and one with a large scratch, in addition paying premium prices for average razors, on this forum. While I have had great buying experiences, too, I have had an equal number that were less than that. You take your chances here as you do on the bay. Is this average? What's your experience?

I can say that my experiences have been uniformly good. I have bought fragrances, soap, blades and a razor over the past six months and I haven't been disappointed in any way. In addition to that, I have been the recipient of incredibly kind and generous gifts that grew out of B/S/T offers. The forum has been a fantastic experience for me.

I have not been around long & only recently have made some purchases. So far have gotten a Mergress which was as described & currently awaiting a krona & a stand (which was a drawn out process due to mis-communication of correct paypal email address). I have made most of my initial purchases on ebay with pretty good success & prices. Bought a few fatboys there & am happy with them in terms of condition/price. It seems to me some of the prices on here are above similar items I've seen sold on ebay. B&B is much more than BST, & I enjoy the many resources that it provides. Comparison shopping & research is important to make the best decision when buying or selling here. You will find deals here, on ebay, at brick & mortar places, on the internet, etc. It takes time & effort though, so sometimes just paying a bit of a premium may be worth it to some.

I usually buy something once or twice a month, and have for the last 18+ months. Never gotten anything over, say, $40, but I have never had a problem.

In my experience, everything has been just as described. I have on several occasions gotten unexpected 'extras' thrown in, such as blades or small soap samples. Great stuff!

All good.

Of course, I only buy when I feel the reputation of the seller is good (lots of posts and involvement) and when the product has an in depth description and where the pictures are good. I think part of our task, as the buyers, is to choose wisely.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Most everything I have bought has been as good or many times BETTER than described. But then I have bought many items from people who I consider online friends so I trust them. Many great deals to be had on the BST...sorry your experiences have been less than you would like. keep plugging away for the bargains...they are featured every day.... and every day I have to watch myself or they are headed to Tampa.

Uniformly positive, although I'm newish and I've stuck with buying items for use and not for collecting. And not to threadjack, but kudos to everyone I've dealt with! This is a great bunch of people.

I have bought maybe 6 or 8 items there, and all have been as described and shipped quickly.
But I am an admitted bottom-feeder and can't afford the high-dollar stuff.

On Ebay you can get steals, but risk getting junk.

Either place, watch the descriptions closely, don't buy anything with a crappy picture, and don't assume more than the item tells you. Walk away if it doesn't seem "right".

I've had good experiences as a buyer and seller, though I wish more of you guys shipped outside CONUS... You just have to fill out an extra (simple) label and us international folks are willing to pay the difference in shipping. But I'm not going to push that hidden agenda any further right now.

I find it's a lot easier to believe someone is honest when they go into great detail about defects. Even if they go into great detail about how they tried to find them. And remember guys, there's nothing wrong with asking for extra pictures.

Since this forum started, I have only been ripped off once for a bottle of cologne. I should have known better than accepting paypal from a non-confirmed address and one post member. There are sharks everywhere on the web and unfortunately, B&B is no exception.

I caution members to be careful on all transactions. Caveat Emptor and all that business.

Another "all good", and sometimes better (extras, etc). I don't have tons of transactions to my credit, but those I do have, were good. Based on my experiences, BST will be my first stop when my needs/wants dictate.

I agree, the B/S/T, in fact all of Badger and Blade, has to be the most relaxed, open and friendly online community I've ever seen.

Not to be a stickler but, I only spot a item every once and a while as I skim the B/S/T that makes me wonder what the sellers intentions are. IE: the price seems steep as the seller seems to be trying to recoup large portion (basically most) of their original cost on a used perishiable product. Personally, I recall the rules of the B/S/T was to help a fellow out, and not to make a buck?

My other favorite, on occasion a seller trys to pass a fake or an item that more than likely they should have just PIF, or they try resell something they orgianlly got for free.

But most of the time a more experience memeber/moderator jumps in and fixs the problem

...end of rant!

All in all, B&B is the place to be, I enjoy spending time here reading and picking up tips!

-LB

I've only bought two things from the B/S/T. One was a Tech that was at least as good as described, was at a fair price, and came with extras (T&H cream samples). Outstanding.

The other was an Omega boar brush that was fairly priced and is a great brush. It also came packed with extras (sample blades).

So, my experience has been beyond positive. :thumbup:

All in all, B&B is the place to be, I enjoy spending time here reading and picking up tips!

Me too! Flare tips...Red tips...Blue tips...Tan tips...:biggrin:

Seriously, I've never had a problem. Not that it couldn't happen, and there are certainly a few obvious ebay to b/s/t powerflippers I wouldn't mind seeing drawn and quartered, but the good far, far, far outweighs the bad in my estimation. Viva la b/s/t! :thumbup:

Used the B/S/T a handful of times to satisfaction. Items exactly as described or better. Haven't been ripped off.

Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Since we are a microcosm of society, its inevitable that we run into a few turds...

I have always been at least satisfied and sometimes thrilled with my BST purchases.

I have often thought that it would be nice if there was some sort of feedback system, a la eBay/Audiogon/Amazon, etc., but I have absolutely no idea how difficult it might be to set up such a system.

I've had positive experiences with the b/s/t. Frankly I think it's a heck of a lot better than the bay is PERIOD. Then again I don't do that much buying on the b/s/t since I don't have a lot of purchasing power :lol:.

I purchased my entire collection of razors (all six of them:biggrin:) here on the BST. Every transaction exceeded my expectations. In one instance the seller shipped the razors BEFORE I got my personal check in the mail. I felt all of the items purchased were conservatively priced. None of the sellers made a killing on what I paid!

What amazes me is how often members go out of their way to PIF stuff to us Newbies! If I got burned on a transaction tomorrow, while being miffed, I'd still have to say I was way ahead of the game.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think I had a misleaded transaction once or twice (description of the product wasn't accurate). I do not have any complaints about it as I was satisfied anyways. It's a better buy off BST than ebay for sure. At least, less of a gamble!

Top Bottom