What's new

Buckwheat Pillows

I've been using a sobakawa (sp?) pillow for about 5 years now. I love it... you get used to the noise it makes, but it's really comfortable.

I think it is just a brand name for a buckwheat pillow. I had one for a while. I am on the fence. It provided great support for my neck, but it wasnt very comfortable to lay on, and as Rob mentioned it makes a wierd crunchy sound. I ended up sticking with down.

I love sleeping on a buckwheat pillow. My wife stole mine (from Bucky) and I'm on a Tempurpedic, which is also very nice. I prefer the solid feeling from both of these over traditional pillows.

They are pretty common of course here in Japan. They are alright when they aren't filled up too much (ie. not too thick), but I prefer a regular ol' feather (not the blade of course) or foam-filled pillow. Other popular fillings here are cut up plastic straws and peach or apricot pits(!) The latter is like laying your head down on a bag of gravel...ahhhh, nighty-night!

Buckwheat Pillows? I don't know what kind of pillow he slept on; Our Gang was before my time.

Really though, I used to have one. I liked it quite a bit because it forms to your head and keeps its shape. Just make sure that it's not packed so tight the stuffing has no room to move.

Top Bottom