What's new

Anybody like Lacoste?

This is my daily cologne. I like lighter citrus and bergamot based scents, and this is my current favorite. Anybody else wear this one?

i'm actually wearing it right now. it lasts most of the day which i like. the price isn't too bad either. i like the cirtus scents and the underlying sandalwood is nice too.

i like the pour homme (grey one) better then the essential (green one) because the essential while nice doesn't last as long and smells a bit like celery when you first spray it on.

i didn't like the red at all. it smelt like sort of spicy taco to me. the regular lacoste in the green and white bottle smells pretty good too.

i wish they made the essential (green) in an aftershave. it would be a nice cool scent after a shave on a warm day.

Lacoste PH - (the grey one) is very nice, and quite refined for a "designer" scent.

The original Lacoste (white bottle) is a great classic green sporty fragrance.

Lacoste Style in Play (red) is a SUPER-sweet candied sport fragrance that I personally once admired, but now find far too sweet and cloying, especially if overapplied.

Lacoste Essential (clear bottle, green juice) has become somewhat of an instant classic, and deservingly so, as it is a nicely done designer citrus.

Lacoste Elegance was somewhat decent, but seems to have flopped.

Lacoste Cool Play (just like the Style in Play [red] bottle, but blue) was a limited edition, and was incredibly boring.

I feel like I'm missing a couple...

The Essential is a very safe scent to go with. Scentronic said it's a nicely done citrus and that's about it. Not offensive, great work scent, but nothing that will make you memorable.

For that look to Lilac Vegetal or Murray and Lanman Florida Water. :c1:

This is my favourite Lacoste fragrance, really crisp and freshly scrubbed clean scent

proxy.php

I love the green one (I think it's the oldest one)
Reminds me of the 80's:rolleyes:
That was also the perfume I wore when I first met my wife

Lacoste PH - (the grey one) is very nice, and quite refined for a "designer" scent.

The original Lacoste (white bottle) is a great classic green sporty fragrance.

Lacoste Style in Play (red) is a SUPER-sweet candied sport fragrance that I personally once admired, but now find far too sweet and cloying, especially if overapplied.

Lacoste Essential (clear bottle, green juice) has become somewhat of an instant classic, and deservingly so, as it is a nicely done designer citrus.

Lacoste Elegance was somewhat decent, but seems to have flopped.

Lacoste Cool Play (just like the Style in Play [red] bottle, but blue) was a limited edition, and was incredibly boring.

I feel like I'm missing a couple...

Lacoste Eau De Sport by Jean Patou (1967). I have a mini of this---wonderful citrus fragrance.

Right right right - Booster and Patou...

Haven't tried the Patou.

The Booster is weird, though. I've heard some people say that it was created (in all it's minty glory) to be worn on top of another fragrance in order to "boost" the scent. Personally, I owned a bottle for a while and found it to be relatively "incomplete", as all it seems to be is menthol, eucalyptus, and a couple other minty and woody elements. Sort of floral and sort of citrusy, but barely. Smelled like an abandoned greenhouse after 50 years... which is actually an enticing description, as far as I'm concerned... but the stuff wasn't really wearable for me.

Top Bottom