What's new

Any RC Truck guys?

I have wanted a nitro RC truck for a long time. I have had RC cars as a kid, but they were toy class. I always wanted to go bigger and faster.

I finally decided to just get one. I had to sell one of my favorite razors, but I have one on the way, a Redcat Racing Volcano SV.

Just curious if there are any other RC guys here? If so, what do you drive?

RC-10T2
It's an electric, and I really wish I had gone with a nitro.
If you have crappy batteries, you have a crappy truck, no matter the motor, or how well put together it is.

I can't afford the batteries that my motor needs($80+)

RC-10T2
It's an electric, and I really wish I had gone with a nitro.
If you have crappy batteries, you have a crappy truck, no matter the motor, or how well put together it is.

I can't afford the batteries that my motor needs($80+)

Lipo cells? That would add up fast to get enough to go out for a few hours.

Lipo cells? That would add up fast to get enough to go out for a few hours.

Actually, I was looking at custom matched NiCad cells, all within a few hundredths of Mah's of each other. The cells themselves were anywhere from 5-10 bucks(wanted 8 cell packs)
Maybe someday I will go nitro, but until then, the truck is collecting dust.:frown:

About ten years ago, my buddies and I got into RC trucks heavily. My first was a Traxxas Rustler with a Green Machine 2 (I think it was called this) motor. I bought it fully assembled out of the box and can remember lusting after such things as better radios, electronic speed controls, and tricked out motors.

Sooner, rather than later, the nitro sect caught my eye. I for the life of me can't remember what brand of truck I ended up with...I think it started with a "K"..., but I did eventually buy a nitro truck kit, which was unassembled, which was a huge mistake. I was young, stupid, and impatient and thought that spreading out everything on the living room floor (so that every third part would go missing) was a good idea. I managed to cobble the truck together and it did run for a few weeks, but it, also soon rather than later, died a sad death before being sold off to some unassuming neighbor kid who had the same big dreams of Nitro RC bliss that I once did.

Good times. :biggrin:

Top Bottom