What's new

MWF Lathering Poll

Have you ever had trouble making MWF Lather similar in consistency to other soaps?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
All,

As an old numbers guy, I've seen the data on MWF sway back and forth on this forum. Some say they've had ZERO lathering difficulty with MWF and they can create meringue like lather on their face, in a bowl or on a wall in the bathroom.

Others say that they've had some difficulty with MWF...some can't get it to go at all, others with work, others over time.

So...here is the poll. Be honest with yourself and with the forum to get some true data...its simple enough. At any time while lathering with MWF have you had difficulty creating good lather similar to other high brands?

Yes or No...

Lets see what the true data says!

Between the lackluster scent & the finicky nature of its lather, I got rid of it. Never really did the trick for me.

I've never had any problem getting a rich, excellent lather out of it. It was my go to soap until I got the itch to expand my selection.

I have it and it will always be there. It will never be my favorite but I appreciate it. The lather is just too thin and dries out too quickly compared to other soaps. I get a good workable lather out of it but have to try a lot harder.

I like it for a change of pace, but it will be the exception and not the rule.

I like the smell and I do like to use it once in a while but the lather is pretty marginal and I have to work for it - even then it dries out faster than any of the other soaps/creams that I use.

Between the lackluster scent & the finicky nature of its lather, I got rid of it. Never really did the trick for me.

Same here. It's not worth the effort. I want to shave soap that explodes and does not require 10 minutes to lather.

Same here. It's not worth the effort. I want to shave soap that explodes and does not require 10 minutes to lather.
The YMMV factor is so interesting with this soap. In only a couple of minutes I can get a face-full of thick, cushioning lather..
proxy.php

Interesting that as the poll grows, the opinions sway from one side of the spectrum to the other...few in the middle.

You either love it or hate it. If I can keep this going, I wouldn't be surprised to show the data somewhere around 50% although the current data points (36) seem to show differently.

MWF has the most threads than any other soap with the possible exception of Tabac...I still can't figure out why some have trouble with it, they are trying too hard.

Never any trouble lathering Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap with a smallish Vulfix super badger and the local hard water which is available in the Central California valley near Sacramento. I am easily able to achieve shaving lather luxury. I just noticed that my most favorite soaps contain animal tallow.

:cool:

MWF has the most threads than any other soap with the possible exception of Tabac...I still can't figure out why some have trouble with it, they are trying too hard.
Sure thing. Explain to me what I did wrong, please.

I could in the end get it to lather to form a creamy substance resembling what I get with other products. It just takes far more water than what I am used to. Unfortunately, in that state the lather turned out to be unstable and prone to evaporation. I answered 'yes', therefore.

Sure thing. Explain to me what I did wrong, please.

I could in the end get it to lather to form a creamy substance resembling what I get with other products. It just takes far more water than what I am used to. Unfortunately, in that state the lather turned out to be unstable and prone to evaporation. I answered 'yes', therefore.

I answered yes because even when I get a workable lather that shaves good and is moisturizing, the lather is still noticably thinner and runnier than with other soaps. So it is not the same consistency as other things in the ol' den.

Edit: I realize I already posted this in the thread.

Top Bottom