What's new

First shave with EverReady 1912

:eek:I think I'm more nervous about trying this out than I was my first slant. This is one of 3 SEs loaned to me from Windwalker thru the B&B Razor Lending Consortium. Jerry also furnished 4 different brand of blades; Pella, Gem P, Gem B S, and Treet. Any and all suggestions/advice would be greatfully received.
Thanks

:eek:I think I'm more nervous about trying this out than I was my first slant. This is one of 3 SEs loaned to me from Windwalker thru the B&B Razor Lending Consortium. Jerry also furnished 4 different brand of blades; Pella, Gem P, Gem B S, and Treet. Any and all suggestions/advice would be greatfully received.
Thanks

First, don't worry about it. The GEM/ER 1912 is a pretty forgiving shaver.

Work into it slowly, fishing around for a good angle, which will probably not be very steep. The SE blade gives lots of feedback in both feel and sound so you can tell when it starts mowing down the whiskers. Don't get too steep. Keep it where you are just getting an indication that it is doing the job.

Once you get some experience with it, just a shave or two, you will know what's right.

Work into it slowly, fishing around for a good angle, which will probably not be very steep. The SE blade gives lots of feedback in both feel and sound so you can tell when it starts mowing down the whiskers. Don't get too steep. Keep it where you are just getting an indication that it is doing the job.

Good advise. You should know when you find the right blade angle, and it might not be what others (as in the instructions) insist it should be.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on how the four different blades compare, if you don't mind coming back and sharing. There's not nearly as much info on the SE blades as there is DE blades. Understanding YMMV, it would still be nice to hear your opinion. Thanks! :cool:

I'd like to hear your thoughts on how the four different blades compare, if you don't mind coming back and sharing. There's not nearly as much info on the SE blades as there is DE blades. Understanding YMMV, it would still be nice to hear your opinion. Thanks! :cool:
No problem, very happy to. Used a Pella today, undescribable shave. But sure I'll mark the post. Got 2 more razors to try and 3 other blades.

No problem, very happy to. Used a Pella today, undescribable shave. But sure I'll mark the post. Got 2 more razors to try and 3 other blades.

Thanks much! The only SE blade I've tried are the GEM Personnas from the local Walgreens, and I've been curious if there would be a noticable difference in other blades, especially the Ted Pella.

Top Bottom