What's new

Who uses a Safety razor to shave their head?

Hi ,

Today I went to a sportschool and told my fitness instructor about my latest hobby shaving.. yes he laughed hard.. but got a more serious look the more I told him about products.

I know this guy he is also my Aikido instructor from time to time.
He then asked if its possible to shave your head with a safety razor and I really didnt have an advice for him other then the headblade I know out there a big razor that uses M3 kinda blades.

So my questions are , are there guys here using a safety razor to shave their heads?

Or perhaps use a different system to shave their head ?

I will assume no one is a dare devil and uses a straight ?

All you boldies out there please advice ? :biggrin:

I use an Excel Sensor with a dual blade cartridge on my head. I use the DE on my face/neck, but I have not been brave enough to tackle my head with it yet.
I like the forgiveness of the Excel, especially getting in around behind my ears.

Some day I will try the DE, but for now, I simply use the Excel. I have also tried the Headblade a while ago, but went back to the Excel after a few weeks with the Headblade.

man up and use a straight razor. :behead:

ok I wouldn't do that. but I do use a straight razor to shave my own buttocks.

No more DE on the head for me-I buy a pack of the multi-blade monstrosities(schick) and use them as they conform to my heads contours. I use them for these reasons:

1. Easy to control
2. can shave w/o a mirror
3. Excellent @ blade-buffing
4. 2 weeks worth of head shaves possible before needing another.

tried the slant + feather on the head-disaster city. DE's have no bend,flex, or give to them. The Headblade is much to small for my hands-i don't even use mine any longer.

Marty

^ Is that the Xtreme 3? I tried one of tem on my face once, worst shave ever!

I wouldn't fancy getting a shaving cut on my head! That would be embarassing. My hair is falling out quite a lot and getting rather thin so I guess it won't be long before I start to shave my head. Can you get shaving rash on your scalp?

Anybody lather up their head with a brush? :biggrin:

^ Is that the Xtreme 3? I tried one of tem on my face once, worst shave ever!

I wouldn't fancy getting a shaving cut on my head! That would be embarassing. My hair is falling out quite a lot and getting rather thin so I guess it won't be long before I start to shave my head. Can you get shaving rash on your scalp?

Anybody lather up their head with a brush? :biggrin:

Why not ? I dont think you should think its funny ? or weird.
its just part of your face aswell.

I would treat the head the same as the face a nice cold splash of water and then a light a/s balm and your all fresh to go.

I think the skin on the head is thicker or stronger so a DE might not even be a weird suggestion but I would def. need a mirror .
I would def. have a light touch and first try to make a map in my brain how your head curves are. the same thing I have done for DE my face I have an image of it in my head.

anyways I dont shave my head so im not the expert here ... Ill let the baldies do the talking. :001_unsur

I lather my head with a brush all the time when shaving-have to do something with the produced lather! :wink:

yep-extreme 3's(had to check).

Marty

i asked this question on the Shave My Face forums too. There were some suggestions for what DE to get. i use a brush with The Gentlemens Refinery cream formy face and head. i use a Headblade SS with generic blades and a Schick quattro. I am thinking of getting a Merkur HD for my first safety razor but am looking for one that might work with the head too.

i wrote a good bit about it on the forum previously. if you search my previous posts it is clearly labeled. i prefer the gillette tech, merkur hd, or 40 ss to shave my head although i have never used a de i didn't like on my head (can't say the same for multibladed razors as i will never go back). i do not need a mirror to shave my head and i use a brush to lather every time. i find multi blade razors to do a sub par job. with a de my head skin is much softer and smooth to the touch. i don't have to worry about cutting myself. the first couple times were a bit scarry but you get over it fast as you learn the curves of your head. don't be worried the de works out just as well for your head as it does your face for the same reasons (who would have guessed, right).

I tried my DE on my noggin, but it didn't work well. I got razor burn terribly. So I went back to my M3 for my head, but stick to my DE for my face.

Weird as it is.... my face is way more sensitive than my scalp.

Chris

Top Bottom