What's new

razor burn on neck

Seems like I can never get a good shave and always have razorburn and stubble left on my neck. I guess it never heals right now but is there anythign I can do to make it go away an not come back? I usually start by shaving up my neck then across it then down. Would a coating of huskers or somethign else before the cream goes on help?

Could be any number of things: insufficient prep, blade angle, pressing too hard, crappy blades, etc. You mentioned you shave up/across/down; does this correspond to WTG/XTG/ATG? If not, that could be your problem. The hair on my neck grows down so I start with a downward pass....I think I'd be screaming in pain if I tried an ATG pass for the first pass. Make sure you know which way the hair is growing (and it may vary for different parts of your neck). And (cue B&B theme music) don't use any pressure! :biggrin:

yes this would be wtg/xtg/atg. I am have used 3 different razors this week and 2 different blades. Started with slim adjustable with ip's then red ip's then fatboy with both blades and tongiht a 40's to 50's superspeed with ip's. I get great lather with nancyboy cream and salter citrus and use as milk either by scs or shave den to finish it off. I used de's constantly for 3 years in the past but had a year break and am relearning to shave again. For prep i take a long shower and scrub my face then I use a badger brush and cream.

Wait till it stops until you decide to shave again on the neck. If you can't do that because you have to look shaven at your work, perhaps you could buzz it with an electrical 'razor' to an acceptable level.
I see you're using a non-alcoholic A/S. Maybe you should try an Alum bar first and then apply your AS. Their good and inexpensive.

Could be any number of things: insufficient prep, blade angle, pressing too hard, crappy blades, etc. You mentioned you shave up/across/down; does this correspond to WTG/XTG/ATG? If not, that could be your problem. The hair on my neck grows down so I start with a downward pass....I think I'd be screaming in pain if I tried an ATG pass for the first pass. Make sure you know which way the hair is growing (and it may vary for different parts of your neck). And (cue B&B theme music) don't use any pressure! :biggrin:

this

Top Bottom