What's new

Whisker strength

I have an odd question, but one that seems to cause an ingrown whister with me once in awhile. I am now in my mid 30's, so the gray whiskers have started to set it. I have found that the gray ones are much finer, and softer than my normal shade of brown. So consequently they are the ones which seem to cause ingrowns, as if they don't have the strength to "break free" if there is a clogged pore.

Anyone else out there with similar experiences, and what do I do about it???

I'm a few years older than you (50 later this year), and I generally find that the grays are stiffer and nastier than the normal colored hairs.

I'm just more careful shaving those areas, on the rare occasion when I notice they are "acting up".

Enjoy!

I'm a few years older than you (50 later this year), and I generally find that the grays are stiffer and nastier than the normal colored hairs.

I'm just more careful shaving those areas, on the rare occasion when I notice they are "acting up".

Enjoy!

+1 My grays (more white than gray) are like a piece of straight, heavy gauge wire.

I have an odd question, but one that seems to cause an ingrown whister with me once in awhile. I am now in my mid 30's, so the gray whiskers have started to set it. I have found that the gray ones are much finer, and softer than my normal shade of brown. So consequently they are the ones which seem to cause ingrowns, as if they don't have the strength to "break free" if there is a clogged pore.

Anyone else out there with similar experiences, and what do I do about it???

Haven't had an ingrown, so I can't really help, but I have those same soft thin whites in my beard. They were always blonde, as opposed to my normal brown. So even if the question is odd, at least you're not. Or we both are.

Top Bottom