What's new

TABAC stick and puck are they different?

I got a TABAC shave stick and I love the scent and lather. I bought the AS and it smelled different and I didn't like it. I bought the puck in a bowl and it smells like the AS very floral. The shave stick is definitely a different colour and smells different to the stick, are they different formulations? I'm really surprised by that and there was no ingredients list with the puck and bowl that I bought.

The difference, I believe, is that the stick is sealed inside of a plastic tube until you open it and the puck is in a foil wrapper and a paper board box. I've noticed a difference between a new puck and a new stick. Once the puck had been used for a while and rehydrated, the smell was the same between the two.

It could simply be that the puck dehydrates in its package and the stick does not, leading to a difference in scent until the water level in the puck returns to "factory specs."

The difference, I believe, is that the stick is sealed inside of a plastic tube until you open it and the puck is in a foil wrapper and a paper board box. I've noticed a difference between a new puck and a new stick. Once the puck had been used for a while and rehydrated, the smell was the same between the two.

Phew...I gave the new puck a twirl with some water and a brush and you are right the scent of the puck the next day is now like the stick. Thanks. I'm amazed that it made so much difference.

I wonder if the folks that hate the scent so much just need to add water.

Top Bottom