What's new

How can one shave with a Parker?

I picked up my Parker from the drawer where it was getting dust.
I only used it for a few weeks in the past before I bought some Gillette razors.
Augh, I thought my skin would come off.
Ok, I'm used to milder razors but this is way over the top. I compared the Parker (90R) with my SS and I'm not exaggerating when I say the gap between the blade and bar is at least double (and probably more) than the gap on the SS.
I compared with my super adjustable at setting 9 and there is also no comparison. If there was then it would have been setting 15 or more!

Is Parker testing these razors in a morgue where dead people do not tend to complain?

I'm gonna measure the gap accurately later on the day and report back but I have to pick up a new battery for the tool first.

I picked up my Parker from the drawer where it was getting dust.
I only used it for a few weeks in the past before I bought some Gillette razors.
Augh, I thought my skin would come off.
Ok, I'm used to milder razors but this is way over the top. I compared the Parker (90R) with my SS and I'm not exaggerating when I say the gap between the blade and bar is at least double (and probably more) than the gap on the SS.
I compared with my super adjustable at setting 9 and there is also no comparison. If there was then it would have been setting 15 or more!

Is Parker testing these razors in a morgue where dead people do not tend to complain?

I'm gonna measure the gap accurately later on the day and report back but I have to pick up a new battery for the tool first.

Which Parker do you have?

I assume that Parker has an issue with quality control, because some reviews attack how agressive they are, while others attack how the same model can be overly mild. Sometimes, I notice that certain brands of blades stick out of the razor more than others. Could that lead to a more agressive shave?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ooops... :redface: I read too fast. Thanks SepticTank.

Some folks here in B&B have already reviewed this razor. Check here

I have a 60R and did not find it aggressive at all.

+1 on the 60R
I use it occasionally and still find it to be a pretty nice razor as long as you use a decent blade.

R

rainman

I recently got a 91R. The blade gap is large but that isn't everything. I find it to shave similiar to an aristocrat.

Make sure that the blade is well aligned. Concentrate. I get a great shave with a 22R but it is not an easy razor.

Make sure that the blade is well aligned. Concentrate. I get a great shave with a 22R but it is not an easy razor.

The large gap is one thing, but even when the razor is tightened, the blade is not as curved down as on the Gillettes. This combination makes it a very aggressive one.
Like I said, I'm used to more gentle razors and I don't have to think when using my SS and super adjustable loaded with a Feather even to the point where I'm myself very aggressive without any problem.

I just ordered the 38C, 12C and the 39C. I know I will have to show some respect to the 39C, but I really hope the 38C isn't as aggressive as this Parker.

Gentlemen,

I use several different brands of double edge razors. The Parker and I, however, no matter how hard I tried to make friends, just did not get along. I believe it was a 60R, and it felt like a tank rumbling across my face. I finally gave up and passed it on to a friend, who loves it.

So goes the world of what works for some people and not for others.

Regards,

Obelit

Top Bottom