What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat

I am fairly new to the DE Wet Shaving addiction. Right now I am shaving with an inherited Gillette Slim adjustable with feather razors. I totally love it. I have been using proraso preshave and proraso shaving cream. I like proraso but am looking into getting a puck of MWF. Any sugesstions?
:thumbup:or:thumbdown

I am fairly new to the DE Wet Shaving addiction. Right now I am shaving with an inherited Gillette Slim adjustable with feather razors. I totally love it. I have been using proraso preshave and proraso shaving cream. I like proraso but am looking into getting a puck of MWF. Any sugesstions?

Here is all you could hope to know about MWF... Welcome to B&B! :cool:

Welcome aboard.
MWF is a great shaving soap. It takes a little more work to get a good lather, certainly more so then Proraso. A common problem is to use too much water and ending up with a thin lather. I find the easiest way to get good lather is to put a few drops of hot water on the puck to soften it up while you shower or prepare your beard with hot, wet towels. Then pour the water off of the puck and start making lather with your brush with most of the hot water shaken off. Then as you work the lather you can add hot water a couple drops at a time until you get the right consistency. After a couple of times the process will become second nature.

Good luck with your MWF. Depending on the hardness of your water, YMMV.
Len

Welcome aboard.
MWF is a great shaving soap. It takes a little more work to get a good lather, certainly more so then Proraso. A common problem is to use too much water and ending up with a thin lather. I find the easiest way to get good lather is to put a few drops of hot water on the puck to soften it up while you shower or prepare your beard with hot, wet towels. Then pour the water off of the puck and start making lather with your brush with most of the hot water shaken off. Then as you work the lather you can add hot water a couple drops at a time until you get the right consistency. After a couple of times the process will become second nature.

Good luck with your MWF. Depending on the hardness of your water, YMMV.
Len

You may want to use a tablespoon of water to soak the top of the MWF, then pour that into your lathering bowl. Otherwise when you pour it off, you are probably pouring the lanolin off too.

I do agree with the other poster as that Tabac is easier to lather with and to me it offers equal shave but with it provides more lubricity.

I personally did not care much for MWF, although it was very lubricating and moisturizing, just didnt feel like it was worth the cost.

Top Bottom