What's new

How Similar are Shower Gels vs. Colognes?

So I got a sampler pack from Trumpers. I liked quite a few of the colognes, especially the Astor and the GFT. However, my favorites scents were the shower gels, which came in the Wild Fern and Eucris varieties.

I was planning on purchasing the Wild Fern (or Eucris, or both) because of this, but wanted to inquire if anyone had experiences both the shower gel and the cologne, to see if the shower gel can give a fair impression of the cologne.

Thanks in advance.

So I got a sampler pack from Trumpers. I liked quite a few of the colognes, especially the Astor and the GFT. However, my favorites scents were the shower gels, which came in the Wild Fern and Eucris varieties.

I was planning on purchasing the Wild Fern (or Eucris, or both) because of this, but wanted to inquire if anyone had experiences both the shower gel and the cologne, to see if the shower gel can give a fair impression of the cologne.

Thanks in advance.

I once sniffed their Limes shower gel and found it came within hailing distance of the cologne, but wasn't a dead-on copy. I have no experience with WF or Eucris gels, so I can't help you there.

haha oh man, when I first read the title of the thread I didn't realize you talking about scent so I thought you were just crazy! How could a shower gel be like a cologne!

But thankfully once I read your post I could see you are not crazy. This is good.

As for your question I can't tell you but I can tell you this; often products from one company that are all supposed to have the same scent do not smell exactly like on another. Sure, if you knew all their scents and smelt the shower gel you could pick out which is the matching cologne, but they won't smell all that alike. The come within Hailing distance as said above. Your best bet is to try a sample or decant if possible, just to be safe

haha oh man, when I first read the title of the thread I didn't realize you talking about scent so I thought you were just crazy! How could a shower gel be like a cologne!

But thankfully once I read your post I could see you are not crazy. This is good.

As for your question I can't tell you but I can tell you this; often products from one company that are all supposed to have the same scent do not smell exactly like on another. Sure, if you knew all their scents and smelt the shower gel you could pick out which is the matching cologne, but they won't smell all that alike. The come within Hailing distance as said above. Your best bet is to try a sample or decant if possible, just to be safe

I'm not crazy. I know because the god-like vegetable creatures that live on my shoulders tell me I am their King. I need the cologne to feed them so that they are sluggish and controlled. Otherwise they will slowly take control of my actions and together We shall burrow to the Earth's mantle, where we will dine on the nickel and molten rock.

:wink:

Thanks in advance.

I would say that they can be quite different. The thing is that when it comes to balms and shower gels, it can be quite difficult to mask out the natural balm and shower gel smell. While it is true than once you have the perfume and the shower gel, you can find the similarities, when you only have the SG, you do not know where the real fragrance ends and the rest of the stuff ends. Further more, the extra strength of the fragrance may be a deal-breaker.

If you plan on purchasing the Eucris shower gel, you better be sure you LOVE the cologne. The shower gel smells just like it and is very strong.

Personally, I feel that although shower gels, talc, etc are pretty much a rip-off. If I enjoy a scent, buying a bottle of EdT is as much of my hard-earned loot I want to give up. These products, while some are very high quality, make the user pay out the nose for a little bit of fragrance.

Personally, I feel that although shower gels, talc, etc are pretty much a rip-off. If I enjoy a scent, buying a bottle of EdT is as much of my hard-earned loot I want to give up. These products, while some are very high quality, make the user pay out the nose for a little bit of fragrance.

Oh I agree, perhaps I wasn't as clear as I might have been.

What I mean is I like how the Wild Fern and Eucris smelled as shower gels, and I would like to buy them as colognes. My question was how similar the scent was in shower gel form as it would be in the cologne. Does that make sense?

Many members here have had very good service from Trumpers when ordering sample packs. I requested Skin Food instead of shower gel, and was accomodated. If I were you, I would email them and explain that you ordered the sample pack, and really like these two scents, and would like to try the EDT in the same scents. You never know what they will say.

Many members here have had very good service from Trumpers when ordering sample packs. I requested Skin Food instead of shower gel, and was accomodated. If I were you, I would email them and explain that you ordered the sample pack, and really like these two scents, and would like to try the EDT in the same scents. You never know what they will say.

Good advice, thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Hmmm, I was also confused by the title not realizing you were only referring to scent. But what a savings, a dab of shower gel on wrists and behind the ears and knees.

Good-to-go on the cheap :biggrin::biggrin: without smelling 'cheap'.
Sue

I have both the Eucris EdT and The Wild Fern EdC, and from a sampler pack, I have two small bottles of the shower gels. While I haven't actually used the shower gels, they smell very similar to the EdT/EdCs in the bottle.

But since they are quite pricey, I would just order a new sample pack and request these fragrances (and also tell the good people at Trumpers what you've already tried, so they can give you something new)

I have both the Eucris EdT and The Wild Fern EdC, and from a sampler pack, I have two small bottles of the shower gels. While I haven't actually used the shower gels, they smell very similar to the EdT/EdCs in the bottle.

But since they are quite pricey, I would just order a new sample pack and request these fragrances (and also tell the good people at Trumpers what you've already tried, so they can give you something new)

Thanks. I sent an e-mail seeing if I can get them for free--if that doesn't work I could try the route you suggest.

By the way, I nominate my thread title as Most Confusing in the History of the Latin Alphabet.

I heard back from Geo F Trumpers. They are sending me the cologne samples for Wild Fern and Eucris gratis! Score.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I got Wild Fern, too. With a quick sniff, I couldn't tell it apart from English Fern (but I haven't tried it on my skin). They also sent "Skye", "Lime", and "GFT". I'm intrigued by the GFT....it seems to really change radically as it dries down. I put a dab on my arm, sniffed it, then checked again after 10min and it was completely different!

I got Wild Fern, too. With a quick sniff, I couldn't tell it apart from English Fern (but I haven't tried it on my skin). They also sent "Skye", "Lime", and "GFT". I'm intrigued by the GFT....it seems to really change radically as it dries down. I put a dab on my arm, sniffed it, then checked again after 10min and it was completely different!

When I had the sample pack, my favorite actual colognes they sent were GFT, Astor, and Limes. The Limes was very short-lived, but GFT really lasted. It's great. I also enjoyed Astor quite a bit but will hold out for the Wild Fern, I think.

I can't wait to try out Wild Fern and Eucris in cologne form.

Maybe I'm being simplistic, but couldn't one simply buy their favorite unscented liquid soap, add their favorite EdT, and voila!....cheap(er) scented shower gel?

Glad to hear it. I'll have to do the same thing one day. I received Lime cream and skin food, but not cologne in my sampler.

Top Bottom