What's new

Acquisitions November 20th-November 26th

full

Saint Charles Shave Delivers! Shea Butter & Avocado Oil Shaving Cream, Minted Chocolate Shaving Cream, Drop of Citrus sample and samples of New Spice, Autumn Rain and Oakmoss Lavendula.

Life is good!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
I've won two other auctions on ebay, these are the treasures:

Bismarck, Wade&Butcher and the DORKO

Now I'm really curious how they are and how they shave.
But I think I have to hone the razors, not by myself, a friend of mine is perfect in honing straights...

Thomas

proxy.php

Two genuine ivory, boar bristle, militairy oval hair brushes; got to clean the bristles though, but they are really in superbe condition; don't know wether i'm going to use these, but they are really beautiful to display combined with other genuine ivory items such as shaving brush, tootbrush etcetera....

Peter

Two genuine ivory, boar bristle, militairy oval hair brushes; got to clean the bristles though, but they are really in superbe condition; don't know wether i'm going to use these, but they are really beautiful to display combined with other genuine ivory items such as shaving brush, tootbrush etcetera....

Peter

Really beautiful, Peter.

I've won two other auctions on ebay, these are the treasures:

Bismarck, Wade&Butcher and the DORKO

Now I'm really curious how they are and how they shave.
But I think I have to hone the razors, not by myself, a friend of mine is perfect in honing straights...

Thomas

Tom, those are some fantastic looking straights! Enjoy!

Not shaving related but...

I got two new lenses today.

1) Tamro 17-50mm f/2.8 (She's Gorgeous)
2) Canon 50mm F/1.8 (She's cheap bit man she takes a good picture)
3) Lens filters for both lenses
proxy.php

[Edit] also got one of these flash units a few weeks back:

proxy.php

I finally found the local organic food store and picked up a bottle of KMF Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream.

They also had the Weleda and Earthscience products. After reading TraderJoes glowing reviews, I may need to pick up some Weleda ASB.

Finally, they had a cream by the name of Annemarie Borlind that I was tempted to try? Any ideas?

All SCS Products:

Oakmoss Lavendulum Shave Creme
Oakmoss Lavendulum EDT
Lavender Aftershave Milk
Lavender EDT

Samples of New Spice, Embrace, Bay Rum w/ Twist and Sandalwood EDT!

The items for my lucky Secret Santa also arrived yesterday! :001_tt2:

I finally found the local organic food store and picked up a bottle of KMF Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream.

They also had the Weleda and Earthscience products. After reading TraderJoes glowing reviews, I may need to pick up some Weleda ASB.

Enjoy the KMF!

The Weleda is a superb ASB, a little goes a long way, and it does wonders for healing your skin. Just be sure the scent agrees with you (although its rather fleeting), its a very "earthy" smell.

I picked up a nice assortment of Arko products (a tube of Commando, a tube of Citrus, and five Barber's Shaving Cream sticks). As a major bonus, the pipe I ordered form Italy arrived! It's a breathtaking piece made by Gabriele Dal Fiume, a relative newcomer to the scene -- but a carver with amazing talent. The grade is SB (sandblast), and the pipe is stamped with DG's butterfly, indicating a superb example of the grade and an intricate design. The cumberland stem is a nice touch. The stain is a great mixture of rich browns, mostly medium and dark. The variations were hard to catch, but I think I showed them well in the last photo.

I picked up a nice assortment of Arko products (a tube of Commando, a tube of Citrus, and five Barber's Shaving Cream sticks). As a major bonus, the pipe I ordered form Italy arrived! It's a breathtaking piece made by Gabriele Dal Fiume, a relative newcomer to the scene -- but a carver with amazing talent. The grade is SB (sandblast), and the pipe is stamped with DG's butterfly, indicating a superb example of the grade and an intricate design. The cumberland stem is a nice touch. The stain is a great mixture of rich browns, mostly medium and dark. The variation were hard to catch, but I think I shown them well in the last photo.

OMG! Ben thats a gorgeous pipe! I don't smoke but that pipe makes we want to pick up the habit :biggrin:

Enjoy:thumbup:

I agree (I can't really say thanks because I didn't make the pipe). I look forward to smoking it. In fact, I may take the long weekend to start breaking it in. My pipe collection is centered around Italian pipes, and this one really is a lovely combination of Italian and Danish influences.

The Arko is on tap for tonight's shave.

How do you break in your pipes?

I always used white burley- but its been about 18 years since I got a new pipe!

Jim,

I usually smoke whatever I'm gonna smoke in the pipe. Some pipes are just quicker to mellow than others, and when I find one that will benefit from a fast cake build-up I usually reach for fine-cut and shag-cut tobaccos. Gawith Hoggarth & Co. makes several nice ones. Of that house's offerings, I prefer Kendal Mixed. Esoterica Margate is a real winner for those who like English blends on the more stout side. Finally, I keep a stash of Three Castles, which is really stringy shag. It's been out of production for a long time, and I have a couple 3.5-oz tins of it. This lemon Virginia is pure and so naturally sweet that I have to really restrain myself. I figure my tins are at least 10 years old. Three Castles was sold as RYO tobacco for cigarette smokers.

Top Bottom