What's new

I have never used cologne and this s@*$s confusing me!

B

bluefoxicy

Col Conk after shave cologne

I finish with an Alum block, that is my after shave (and my pit deodorant!)

How do I apply this? Coat my face, or just touch the neck and wrists?

Put a dab on each wrist, behind the ears, and where you sweat the most on your neck. Sweating is what "activates most colognes". Just don't apply too much. Oh yeah After shave is a little more diluted than Eau De Colognes which in turn is more diluted than Eau De Toilettes, which in turn is less concentrated than Eau De Parfumes. Apply accordingly. You also might find that your After shave does not stick around as long as you want it to.

Last edited:
B

bluefoxicy

Put a dab on each wrist, behind the ears, and where you sweat the most on your neck. Sweating is what "activates most colognes". Just don't apply too much. Oh yeah After shave is a little more diluted than Eau De Colognes which in turn is more diluted than Eau De Toilettes, which in turn is less concentrated than Eau De Parfumes. Apply accordingly.

okay, I'm using Conk's aftershave-cologne and it has a finger hole thing. Apply accordingly uh.

I have never worn aftershave or deodorant or cologne. I never sweated much until recently either, and now even when I do you can "kind of smell me" instead of being like... holy crap, you stink. Nobody's ever noticed ... xD (I've been told I need better clothes, an undershirt, and cologne "to get girls" but never been told I need a shower or deodorant or anything...). But I sweat a bit more now and have been going with alum bar under the arms.

At any rate. I like the Amber scent. I just don't want it imperceptible, or overpowering; some girls bathe in perfume, it's like, holy crap, they're on the other side of a KILOMETER WIDE FLOOR and I'm dying from the crap in the air! That's what I don't want.

okay, I'm using Conk's aftershave-cologne and it has a finger hole thing. Apply accordingly uh.

I have never worn aftershave or deodorant or cologne. I never sweated much until recently either, and now even when I do you can "kind of smell me" instead of being like... holy crap, you stink. Nobody's ever noticed ... xD (I've been told I need better clothes, an undershirt, and cologne "to get girls" but never been told I need a shower or deodorant or anything...). But I sweat a bit more now and have been going with alum bar under the arms.

At any rate. I like the Amber scent. I just don't want it imperceptible, or overpowering; some girls bathe in perfume, it's like, holy crap, they're on the other side of a KILOMETER WIDE FLOOR and I'm dying from the crap in the air! That's what I don't want.

Just put some on your finger and swipe it across each of those areas One little swipe should do. With aftershave you will find you can be a bit more liberal. The higher the concentration the less you need ie EDC, EDT, or EDP

I think the Conk products are more aftershaves than true colognes, so I agree you can be more liberal in your application.

I also am a big fan of their Amber scent. I just wish it had better staying power.

I'm not sure if this was ever explicitly stated, but what you're using is an AFTER SHAVE cologne, so you can just apply it like you would an aftershave--pour some in the palm of your hand and pat onto your freshly shaved face. It'll likely have some nice beneficial postshave goodness in it as well. Aftershave colognes don't laste all that long, and I find it best to layer it with a cologne (ie: TOBS St James Aftershave Splash on my shaved area, followed up with TOBS St James cologne to make it a bit stronger and to get it to last a lot longer).

I'm not sure if this was ever explicitly stated, but what you're using is an AFTER SHAVE cologne, so you can just apply it like you would an aftershave--pour some in the palm of your hand and pat onto your freshly shaved face. It'll likely have some nice beneficial postshave goodness in it as well. Aftershave colognes don't laste all that long, and I find it best to layer it with a cologne (ie: TOBS St James Aftershave Splash on my shaved area, followed up with TOBS St James cologne to make it a bit stronger and to get it to last a lot longer).

Word. While there are some aftershaves with enough strenght to be used by themselves (Tumulte, Musgo Real, M7), this product is intended to be short lived and used in the face. It has some moisturising goodies that the normal colgones do not tend to have. Still, I would recommend, if you feel like you need more projection and longevty, to get an actual eau de toilete with you favorite fragrance.

I have never worn aftershave or deodorant or cologne. I never sweated much until recently either, and now even when I do you can "kind of smell me" instead of being like... holy crap, you stink. [...]I've been told I need better clothes, an undershirt, and cologne "to get girls" but never been told I need a shower or deodorant or anything.

Here's a tip from an old fart: make sure you have the pit stink under control before worrying too much about the cologne. Do not wait to be told you need deodorant. By that time, you will already have a reputation, and your nickname will be 'King Stank,' '*** Pits,' or some other such title you will never shake. Remember Maslow's Hierarchy: only after the fundamental needs of living are met can you begin to work on the higher aims of existence. Grooming is no different. Do not worry about making yourself smell nice before you ensure you don't smell bad. If the alum bar works for you, great, but be sure about it. When I tried it, I started smelling within the hour.

Edit: By the same token, if you are in high school - and it sure sounds like you are - I applaud you on your choice of scent. Conk Amber is an old-time classic, not at all what most of your over-scented peers are no doubt dousing themselves with. Good move. :thumbup:

Last edited:
B

bluefoxicy

Edit: By the same token, if you are in high school - and it sure sounds like you are - I applaud you on your choice of scent. Conk Amber is an old-time classic, not at all what most of your over-scented peers are no doubt dousing themselves with. Good move. :thumbup:

I'm 23. I'm blessed with nonvolatility.

I splash aftershaves w/ scents on my face when I end a shave, but if I just want the light scent, I would treat it like a non-spray cologne: a finger-swipe/drop behind the corners of the jawline (or below the ear), that way the girls only smell the fragrance as you pull them close ;-)

Top Bottom