What's new

New Bull Mastiff w/ Variant NEW Head

I received the Mastiff yesterday and took it out for a spin this morning. I ordered the razor with one of Bob's replated NEW heads. I did not specify long, short, etc... These don't matter much to me.

Anyway, when I unpacked the razor, the head on it is one of the oddest NEW variants I have seen. I have pictures below, that is the best way to explain it. Anybody have any idea what variant of the NEW this is?

The razor shaves well. The NEW uses a little more of an upright angle than the newer Gillettes and Merkurs, so it will take a while to get the best out of this razor.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's a Goodwill head, shaves the same as the regular long comb NEW heads.
It was the last NEW head I had plated, they've become scarce again and the demand has gone up again.

Thanks. I was curious. Razor is great, BTW! Also, I am glad to have the rare-er variant that I got. Good service from Bob all the way around. Great razor, excellent quality.

Buy it!

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's one nice looking razor!

Luc,

I was going to do almost exactly what you have listed as your razor. I have a British NEW that I am going to attach to the Mastiff handle once the current blade wears out. How do you like the setup?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That setup is great... The Goodwill should be a great addition also...

Top Bottom