What's new

Best AS for Iraq care package?

Anyone have experience?

I am preparing a few care packages for buddies in Iraq and Afghan. One asked me for regular Afta complaining that all products in a PX where AXE. they are all senior enlisted 40 ish.

My usual sure thing gift idea is Castle Forbes Lavender. But, I am also considering something for the heat. A Menthol splash?

Provence Sante tea seems like a decent choice.

What say you?

Oh yeah, his exact words were "I don't want to smell like a punk *****" (like the AXE)

For the price, I would recommend Booster after shaves or SCS Blue Line Menthol AS. No punk b* scents in the bunch. Good luck to your buddies.

I would have been delighted to recieve anything that reminded me of home, so if the man asks for AFTA, then give it to him.

Senior enlisted tend to be a pretty prickly bunch of old cusses. Frankly the idea of going out on a convoy smelling of Lavender, Sandalwood or anything else remotely nice might not hold much appeal.

Then again, they could be in an area where the situation allows the pursuit of (ahem) other interests...

Then again, they could be in an area where the situation allows the pursuit of (ahem) other interests...

In Iraq or Afghanistan? Oh my... The poor camels!

OP: If they asked for Afta, get them some Afta! If you want some variety, then send along some Every Man Jack balm from Target. Get minty scent, and a good menthol kick. I use it year-round down here in Florida, and we're already hitting upper 90's with 85-100% humidity.

Is it too much if you send him AFTA plus another A/S? I have something with tobacco in my mind. My vote: D.R. Harris Marlborough. It's basically Menthol plus Tabac but not girlie-like.

Or you could send him samples. That way you don't waste money.

Last edited:
Whoa.

Everyone.

I just wanted to say that Sue @ Saint Charles hooked me up. I found everything I needed and more for this package.

Sue was incredibly helpful. These guys are going to love their packages! Sue totally took care of everyone.

A lot of people talk about "doing something" for the troops, but few act on it.

Thank you Sue.

Sue gets my business from now on.

Well...thats the Sue we've come to know and love. Gotten my business on a few occasions and will be coming back for more.

Top Bottom