What's new

How do you keep from having "audio disabled" on YouTube? Please help!

Hello All: After long months, I have assembled an actual video of Bill Ellis' Traveling Razor. It's the tightest 3 hours on YouTube. (Kidding, as usual) The problem is, each time I post it, I get "Audio Disabled" "3rd party content", "copyright infringement". Okay, I get all that. But the rules seem to be unequally applied: I can easily find on YouTube shaky video by some tool who snuck a video camera into a concert and recorded the song I want to use. A bit frustrating.

The first time it forced me to tighten the video up from 7 minutes (using "Working Man" by RUSH) to 4 minutes and change (using "Running Down A Dream" by Tom Petty). Shorter is better in this age of short attention spans (so nothing would be perfection?) Would prefer posting the video with music - silent is a little dull.

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Yes, I thought of contacting Neil, Geddy, and Alex to try and get permission, but the "No!" comes from those bastids at Warner Brothers.

Thanks in advance Gents and Ladies.

It's a no-win situation. Some actual humans scan the site looking for audio "theft", but a lot of it (Warner Bros. being one) is disabled by default. When you upload a video now, YT's "copybot" automatically scans the audio and compares it to a massive database of copyrighted material submitted by their sponsors. It blocks your audio without even haven been listened to by a human.

If you want to bypass it, try finding an obscure song that never hit the top forty, was not on a major label, or at least find one that pre-dates 1975.

Thanks for the info, ClubmanRob. The version of "Working Man" I used is from 1974 - not my favorite as Peart isn't the drummer. However, I like the shorter video better. Longer was good from a continuity standpoint, but I feel few would be interested in the entire downhill run The Razor took.

I have an work-around that I'll post once the video only version reloads. Thanks again.

Top Bottom