What's new

Who loves Barbasol?

Barbasol is the best shaving cream in the WORLD!! It totally prevents lubrication and makes that blade dig in there real good!

Barbasol forever!

Oh. For a second I thought you were serious.

Honestly out of all the canned goos, Barbasol is my favourite. I've seen how it's made and at least it's made with soap. Sadly the whole canning process really cuts all the water out of it. That's sort of the way it has to go with canning goo. Water is incompressible after all. In my case that's a deal breaker as my skin seems to demand hydrated lather.

Honestly I've started changing my tune. There are a few members on here (who I might add I really respect) who have said they use either canned goo and/or a cartridge razor. They're not knocking my setup, so I figure why should I knock theirs? No one has ever asked them why they prefer them so no one knows since it's always a witch hunt when it comes to canned goo.

There. That's the end of my campaign for goo rights. I look forward to dodging burning refuse.

proxy.php

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
+1 , like Savant, it was the best goo, and the cheapest! I used it for 35 years mebbe, one day this week I'll see if some is still around .. goos have feelings too you know

Oh. For a second I thought you were serious.

Honestly out of all the canned goos, Barbasol is my favourite. I've seen how it's made and at least it's made with soap. Sadly the whole canning process really cuts all the water out of it. That's sort of the way it has to go with canning goo. Water is incompressible after all. In my case that's a deal breaker as my skin seems to demand hydrated lather.

Honestly I've started changing my tune. There are a few members on here (who I might add I really respect) who have said they use either canned goo and/or a cartridge razor. They're not knocking my setup, so I figure why should I knock theirs? No one has ever asked them why they prefer them so no one knows since it's always a witch hunt when it comes to canned goo.

There. That's the end of my campaign for goo rights. I look forward to dodging burning refuse.

OK--I'm about to get banned from B&B--

Until six months ago or so when I bought my HD, I used cartridges or disposables pretty much my whole shaving life. I liked the Sensor a lot and pretty much used Colgate or Barbasol canned cream always. Occasionally, Foamy. Truthfully, I never had any problems and got really good shaves. My only troubles were the cost of the cartridges. I tried the Mach III but much preferred the Sensor. I still think the Sensor is a fine razor.

I enjoy the aesthetics or DE shaving as a connection to the past and I enjoy some of the old school products I now use with DE shaving.

If I had to, I could use canned Barbasol and a Sensor again and not mind it...

If a member posts about positive experiences with cartridge razors, I read them also. Their opinions are as valid as mine and just as enjoyable to read...

am I exiled???

marty E.

Until six months ago or so when I bought my HD, I used cartridges or disposables pretty much my whole shaving life. I liked the Sensor a lot and pretty much used Colgate or Barbasol canned cream always. Occasionally, Foamy. Truthfully, I never had any problems and got really good shaves. My only troubles were the cost of the cartridges. I tried the Mach III but much preferred the Sensor. I still think the Sensor is a fine razor.

I enjoy the aesthetics or DE shaving as a connection to the past and I enjoy some of the old school products I now use with DE shaving.

If a member posts about positive experiences with cartridge razors, I read them also. Their opinions are as valid as mine and just as enjoyable to read...

am I exiled???

marty E.

Not only are you not banned, you're not alone... just in the minority :biggrin:

Barbasol??? It was the absolute worst shaving cream I used. I can get it at the dollar store for $1 - and I still wouldn't buy it if I was not using a brush and soap/cream.

am I exiled???

marty E.

Barbasol is so-so. The Sensor is a fine-quality razor, no doubt about it.

I use Barbasol as a pre shave, works great! Haven't shaved with it in a while, might give it a try...

Top Bottom