What's new

What does your screen name mean?

For some people its very obvious, for others there might be some special meaning. If you feel so inclined, share the reason you have the particular screen name you do.

For me, Edcculus comes from being a ridiculously obsessed Phsh phan. There is a group of songs and narrative written by Trey Anastasio (the groups guitarist) called "Gamehendge" or "The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday". You can read the story of Gamehendge if you like. In short, its a story of the pitfalls of greed.

Anyways, there is a character named Icculus, who is the god of the people. He lives on a mountain.

One day, I was thinking about it and it just hit me...Edcculus!

When I was in high school my friend began coaching a little league soccer team. He was in charge of coming up with a name for the team and asked me what I thought. We bounced some ideas around and one of them was to use an adverb as the team name. "The Quicklies" was first, but then, more abstractly, "The Surprisinglies," which I thought was a pure gold idea. He ended up calling the team "The Platypi" or something equally amusing. I have always remembered the adverb-as-name idea and when it came time to come up with a unique gmail username, I finally settled on surprisingly. It really works for me.

M

modern man

you are a Phish fan

no way

mine is easy

Doc (Navy Hospital Corpsman) Mottern (last name)

"rikrdo"

Given name "Richard" shortened to "Rick" while a child.
"Rick" morphed into "Ricardo" while in the Navy possibly because of my addiction to Mexican food.
"Ricardo" transformed to internet handle "rikrdo" because I am really not very creative and
because I am by nature lazy, I wanted a password / handle that was not easily copied.

So.....there ya have it.

Stauff comes from Stauffenberg. Klaus Schenk Count von Stauffenberg (the guy in my avatar) was a high-ranking and decorated German officer (Prussian nobility) who placed the bomb-briefcase under Hitlers table in 1944. Sadly, H. wasn't killed and Stauffenberg was executed the same year. As a historian, I'm really fascinated by German history and culture. Plus, I like his aristocratic appearance and I often imagine I actually look a bit like him :rolleyes: .

LX for Alex or Alexander
Emergency because an emergency in dutch is a Noodgeval or Nood and because my last name is NooT (different spelling but same phonetics)

So simply Alex Noot (pronounced Note)

Mine, I forget what website I was trying to setup an account with awhile back, but every username I was thinking up had already been used. In a bout of frustration, just typed in "for one" in German as a single word "fuerein" as the username and it came back as being available. Since I used it once, I've been using it on a number of websites since and have yet to have issues with it already being used by another person. There wasn't any real reason other than it works.

My user name started in a goose hunting blind, I was with two friends whom I have hunted with for over 25 years, myself on the right they on my left,it was wild windy weather, low ceiling and snow squalls passing through.(keeping in mind too little sleep and too much coffee) The geese were coming into the decoys in singles and pairs all from the hard left, so being on the right I was calling the shots all morning in my best country gentleman's persona such as "Peter would you be kind enough to dispatch that goose on your left" or William to your left is a pair,would you mind? I am not getting any shooting in up to this point, my friend Pete said "Jim would you like a goose"-I replies Yes,thank you, goose me please.

:biggrin:

I've been living in Germany for six years now.

My last name is Bush, which pronounced in these parts sounds like 'boosh' (with oo from 'boot').

Germans always misspell my name (Busch)

In formal situations, I am called Herr Bush.

I wet-shave my head twice a week:shaving:

hairboosch

Well do i need to explain about my name? :)

I am a M3 user and still waiting for SSL (BarberCulture) to send me some samples to try.

I notices the M3 system can really remove beard but also a some of the skinn. I guess thats something you have to accept when u´re using Turbo stuff.

My real first name is Mike. Where I work we had three guys named Mike in the same shop. So, being Italian the guys started calling me Vinny and I was born in 1957.
Great question.

It ain't that hard to figure out. :wink:

And I do try every day to part the sea of lather on my face. I prefer to keep it from being too red, though....

-Mo

Stauff comes from Stauffenberg. Klaus Schenk Count von Stauffenberg (the guy in my avatar) was a high-ranking and decorated German officer (Prussian nobility) who placed the bomb-briefcase under Hitlers table in 1944. Sadly, H. wasn't killed and Stauffenberg was executed the same year. As a historian, I'm really fascinated by German history and culture. Plus, I like his aristocratic appearance and I often imagine I actually look a bit like him :rolleyes: .

Stauff,

I have been meaning to ask you, for some time, what was the significance of your avatar. The picture looked very familiar. I just could not figure out who it was. I was very intrigued as to why your avatar had "HERO" written uinderneath. Now I know.

Now for my username AandW. No, it has nothing to do with the famous rootbeer. It is the made up of the first letters of my two children's names.

Went to The University of Florida, where Gatorade was invented. The financial aid department was known as Gator-aid and I thought that was creative and tried using that a year after graduation along the lines of a booster "Gatoraid" No one else got it, they kept saying Gatorade so I made the change and am know by Gatorade on a few forums, and gator_b8 on others.

My email is also Gatorade-bellsouth.net and I emailed a friend about a book or something a while back. Well he was at the same time training for the Raid and some other Adventure Races. Well he saw Gatorade was emailing him and he almost pissed himself because he thought it was about sponsership. Nope it was just me emailing him that I was going to give his "Interview with a Vampire" book back. He was very bummed with me for a while.

Top Bottom