What's new

Does anyone have a Nespresso?

Ah mate, i had the Gaggia for over 18 months. I sent it back 3 times for repair. I tried different coffee, a decent burr grinder, different temper strengths.etc etc.

I tried Jason but gave up in the end. Its in the loft gathering dust.:frown:

The nesprsso to be fair has been consistent so far.

Ah mate, i had the Gaggia for over 18 months. I sent it back 3 times for repair. I tried different coffee, a decent burr grinder, different temper strengths.etc etc.

I tried Jason but gave up in the end. Its in the loft gathering dust.:frown:

The nesprsso to be fair has been consistent so far.

The nespresso is likely to give you repeatabley drinkable espresso, and for many people out there, that's what they really need. It's better to be drinking coffee and enjoying it than to be continually frustrated. With that, I'll most certainly agree.

It takes a lot to get consistently good results by hand, and it's not for someone who just wants an easy cup of coffee that they enjoy. Espresso is a lot like wet-shaving in that regard.

In any case, kudos for trying for as long as you did, and for what it's worth, I'm glad you're back to enjoying coffee, however that may be. :)

I have one, and I have to say - it's pretty good. It's clean, fast, simple which is what I want in the morning when I can barely move, let alone start grinding stuff and waking up my lady.

The downsides for me -
Mail ordering the pods can be a bit of a pain. I'd prefer to by them in a shop. But I have to say, the service is very good.
There's a fair bit of waste generated. I'm not huge fan of throwing away used pods every day. Seems wasteful to me, even when I recycle them.
I do not like Nestlé.

Hi JDE,

Yes i agree, however the only waste is the pod where you would normally hrough the coffee out anyway.

I am lucky to live about 30mins from a nesspresso boutique so i have not bought online yet.

enjoy the coffee

actually, if you like the machine, but find the pods annoying or expencive, the pods can be refilled, there are videos on youtube showing how to do it, but basicly you use a box cutter to remove the soft platic wrapper part, remove the used coffee with a spoon, refill with your own preferred blend, and then reseal it with aluminium foil,

I'm not much of a coffee guy but do like the Nespresso stuff. Every now and then I drink a cup at my brothers place. I guess it's recommended if you're looking for a nice and quick hassle-free cup of coffee.

We have them at work. It's better than the dredge that's been sitting in the standard coffee brewers for hours, but it's nothing special. Simple, non-offensive, non-complex espresso-ish coffee.

There are several and in general I was not impressed.

If you mean Nespresso machine made by Nespresso, I got one as a gift and I am very happy with it. Pods are not cheap but I found them to be the best in that category. (YMMV)

I've had one for almost a year now. I think it is excellent. I don't use it too much so the pod prices don't bother me. There are a lot of flavors and strengths to choose from. Since getting the machine I've noticed how truly bad espresso's are generally at restaurants. I'm talking about some high end one's in Manhattan too!

Top Bottom