What's new

Experience with Pella's Pal Carbon Steel SE Blades?

We all know that Pella's Gem PTFE SE blades, like these, work quite well and are the equivalent of the store-bought GEM SE blades:

proxy.php

But I also like the store-bought Pal blue carbon steel SE blades. They don't seem to last as long as the PTFEs, but are pretty darn sharp. The trouble is, our local retailer, Dollar Store, has stopped carrying them.

My questions relate principally to Pella's Pal blue carbon SE blades, namely these:

proxy.php

My questions:

1. Are they the equivalent of the store-bought Pal blue carbons?

2. If not, has anyone tried them and is in a position to report how they worked? ( I note that these are described as 3 facet blades, which gives me pause).

3. Does Pella's have SE blades other than the PTFE coated that users can report upon?

R

rainman

We all know that Pella's Gem PTFE SE blades, like these, work quite well and are the equivalent of the store-bought GEM SE blades:

proxy.php

But I also like the store-bought Pal blue carbon steel SE blades. They don't seem to last as long as the PTFEs, but are pretty darn sharp. The trouble is, our local retailer, Dollar Store, has stopped carrying them.

My questions relate principally to Pella's Pal blue carbon SE blades, namely these:

proxy.php

My questions:

1. Are they the equivalent of the store-bought Pal blue carbons?

2. If not, has anyone tried them and is in a position to report how they worked? ( I note that these are described as 3 facet blades, which gives me pause).

3. Does Pella's have SE blades other than the PTFE coated that users can report upon?

I've wondered the same things. Nicely made post!:thumbup1:

Pal carbon single edge blades, .009" blade thickness (utility blades are .012"), triple facet grind (the grind you need for shaving, single facet is a utility blade grind), and coated are available from a vendor on Ebay, if you search the part #. Sold in a tray of 100 blades they are at least half the price of blades I have found elsewhere. The part # 62-0177. I have purchased and the blades are legit, shipped for free and extremely fast (two days coast to coast). Pal is engraved on what appears to be an aluminum spine.

Not everyone likes carbon single edge blades. I like them better than SS. These work for me.

Just for clarification the Pal blades described in the post above are blued carbon steel blades. I see no reference to any PTFE coating. Blued steel is a chemical etching of the blade to slow the rusting process. They will rust if left in a wet razor.

Top Bottom