What's new

Proctor and Gamble has purchased Art of Shaving

It means a decline in quality ever so slowly over time so it is not noticable to maximize profits.

Like any other time someone is bought out by a conglomerate

:crying:

Well, lets all look at the bright side. We've got an awesome excuse to stock up on goodies now :biggrin:

Seriously though, I really hope AOS doesn't go down the tubes, but that instead we get their products becoming widely available. I'd love to be able to get some of their stuff in my local walmart!

Funny thing is that I always thought that P&G either owned or had some sort of stake in AOS. I thought it was weird how they sold traditional shaving software but geared the hardware towards the Fusion cartridge system. Even their website seemed to be leaning toward the Fusion.

Time to start searching for a new after-shave balm. I love the AoS sandalwood, and man does it heal me up after a tough shave. I usually use the Neutrogena triple-protect, but the AoS is so good. Oh well, if Dad can make a great shave soap, maybe he and Mom can concoct a balm too... :001_smile

:crying:

Well, lets all look at the bright side. We've got an awesome excuse to stock up on goodies now :biggrin:

Seriously though, I really hope AOS doesn't go down the tubes, but that instead we get their products becoming widely available. I'd love to be able to get some of their stuff in my local walmart!

If you see it in Walmart- you can rest assured that it has been reformulated, and possibly manufactured in China...

Funny thing is that I always thought that P&G either owned or had some sort of stake in AOS. I thought it was weird how they sold traditional shaving software but geared the hardware towards the Fusion cartridge system. Even their website seemed to be leaning toward the Fusion.
From wwd.com:
P&G and Art of Shaving are not strangers to each other. In 2007, the two formed a partnership whereby Art of Shaving began selling $150 Chrome Fusion razors, a high-end version of Gillette’s Fusion razor, which launched in 2005. The price, while high, didn’t deter shoppers, and Chrome Fusion became The Art of Shaving’s best-selling stockkeeping unit in 2008, said Malka.

Bergh said he first happened upon The Art of Shaving brand when he saw Malka on TV praising Fusion shortly after its launch.

“It blew me away the way the media was trying to figure out whether Fusion was a fad or a gimmick. They went to Eric” to see what the expert in shaving thought about Fusion, who praised its technology in a variety of interviews.

“I said, ‘We should go see this guy and see if we could work together,’” Bergh said.

This explains all those stories of AOS staff showing disdain at the mere mention of DE razors while hard-selling the gourmet handles for MachIII's and Fusions.
They were partners.

I'm glad I never got attached to AOS products. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

i love how you're all bitching already. this is great. when will you learn that most companies don't care about their consumers? if i'm a small biz owner and someone wants to give me a billion dollars for it why would i turn it down?

i love how you're all bitching already. this is great. when will you learn that most companies don't care about their consumers? if i'm a small biz owner and someone wants to give me a billion dollars for it why would i turn it down?

:confused: Not sure anyone's questioning the fact that AOS made a sound financial decision. Since this is a shaving forum there are naturally folks here that enjoy AOS products and are concerned about the quality of said products moving forward. "Bitching" is a harsh way to describe the conversation in this thread.

Top Bottom