What's new

Feather DE Carbon Steel Blades (yes, you heard me...CARBON FEATHERS)

I was searching around and came across this link from Ted Pella:

http://www.tedpella.com/dissect_html/dissect.htm#_121_6

Scroll down and you'll find:
Feather® Blades

proxy.php

Double edge, carbon steel blade
Sharp edges; may be broken in half lengthwise (protect fingers and use eye protection). This is the preferred razor blade for use with the Vibratome®, Microslicer™ and other vibrating microtomes.
Length: 42.8mm (1.685")
Cutting Edge Length: 36mm (1.42")
Width: 22mm (.865")
Thickness: .127mm (.005")

This surprised me! Any thoughts!?

I know there was interest in the Treet "Black Beauties" carbon steel blades about two years ago. I didn't know Feather made them. Anyone ever try em?

Tried them a while back. They were pretty harsh. The Treet Black Beauty blades are really very good, but only for one shave, maybe two, then dispose of it.

For use in a Biology class for slicing tissue and sticking it under the microscope. Explains why they shave a face like a bottle cap

Odds are they are uncoated carbon steel. You don't need a comfort coating for slicing up tissue samples.

If they're anything like Feather single edge carbon steel blades, they're awful! Feels like they're pulling the hairs out by the roots!

A quick search on feathers website reveals that the feather seikans are NOT industrial blades.

Under both the shaving section and industrial section on their website they list carbon steel de style blades, but their thickness differs..the ones for shaving are 0.1mm while the industrial ones are 0.13.

Below are photo's for proof.

First photo is the seikans and the second the industrial blades.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom