What's new

Aqua di Parma Colonia After Shave Balm

I recently began wearing Aqua di Parma Colonia as my summer fragrance of choice and I'm thinking about adding the after shave balm. I see that it contains aloe and tea tree oil and received one good review on Grooming Lounge's website. Has anyone used AdP after shave balm?

I've been wondering about this too, as I've not tried it. The one store in my area that actually sells it has no testers, and only sells sealed products, so I can't even so much as sniff it. I've heard the scent in AdP's Collezione Barbiere line is a slightly modified version of the Colonia scent, so how closely it resembles what you are now wearing is questionable. Scent aside, I fail to see how the product's effectiveness as a balm could justify its price, but that's just my own, uninformed take. I wish I could offer input based on experience. Alas, I won't be springing for blind buys on these products, as they are obscenely priced.

Last edited:
Scent aside, I fail to see how the product's effectiveness as a balm could justify its price, but that's just my own, uninformed take. I wish I could offer input based on experience. Alas, I won't be springing for blind buys on these products, as they are obscenely priced.

You are correct, scent aside, I doubt that AdP would perform better than my present moisturizer Kiehl's Facial Fuel, I love this stuff. I'm sure I could find a better bang-for-my-buck product....like the a second brush (Rooney 2/1) or Creed Original Vetiver Cologne or Santa Maria Novella shave cream.

Top Bottom