What's new

L'Occitane shave soap/AoS Sandalwood shave soap - size difference?

I currently have the L'Occitane shave soap and am waiting delivery of the AoS Sandalwood shave soap and have a question as to their respective dimensions. The L'Occitane measurs 3.5" in diameter and approximately 3/4" deep. What are the measurements of the AoS soap? I ask because I'm trying to consider the size of each as I shop for a proper shaving soap bowl.

I currently have the L'Occitane shave soap and am waiting delivery of the AoS Sandalwood shave soap and have a question as to their respective dimensions. The L'Occitane measurs 3.5" in diameter and approximately 3/4" deep. What are the measurements of the AoS soap? I ask because I'm trying to consider the size of each as I shop for a proper shaving soap bowl.

Hello,

I have the lavender Art of Shaving soap (with the wooden bowl)and the soap measure 3-3/8" diameter and 3/4" deep. I would say they are the same size.

Hope this help,

Marc

I don't have the precise measurements. The AoS soaps fit nicely in an Anchor Hocking 1-cup container. I think I might've had to trim my Cade soap to fit, but it's been long enough that I can't remember. I know that's not "the answer", but HTH.

Thanks for the info. As silly as it sounds, I'm just not much into trimming a soap to fit a nice bowl (see my recent thread about homemade hot chocolate disaster to see how 'handy' I am). I'd rather just buy the appropriate size so it looks like it was made to fit that particular bowl.

I just measured both. The L'Occitane (one of my favorites) is 3 1/2 inches across. I would go for the cool aluminum dedicated bowl. I know it's expensive, but it's a perfect fit (obviously), and it just looks so good (IMHO). The AoS has a slightly smaller diameter 3 3/8, and also has a purpose made bowl. I didn;t measure the hight because mine are stuck in the bowls and, since they are used, they are probably not full height anymore anyway (but the diameters I gave you should be correct.) I should note that the British soaps, at least the DR Harris and the TOBS are slightly narrower (about 3 1/8") and a little taller than either of the two you mentioned.

Good luck!

L'Occitane bowls were on sale for $22.50 on the L'Occitane website 2 days ago. You may want to check there.

I've moved Cade and AOS pucks back and forth in the same bowls without any problem. I think the AOS pucks might have had a smidge more room in the bowl, but a couple lathers always seals the edges tight.

Top Bottom