What's new

Cowboy Boots

I have bought my first pair, ever:

proxy.php

And they are actually for riding horses, although they are pretty comfortable overall and am wearing them right now. This is a big step for a city boy. :tongue:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I sold boots in the boot making capital of america for three years...El Paso, TX. Boots are a very comfortable brand of footwear. Many different styles/leathers to choose from. That looks like a nice boot that should provide you with years of comfort :)

They are as comfortable as an old pair of slippers. I've had as many as seven pairs.
Sue

Are you wearing a pair of wranglers as well ???
sorry my thoughts strayed when you mentioned cowboy boots..........

they looks awesome, I love my ropers !!!!
Although I don't ride horses I wear them cause i wanna
proxy.php

A lot of people make fun of cowboy boots, but many of them are extremely comfortable and look good with jeans. Lucchese boots are the Bomb!

Levis. Close enough?

They are Boulet boots. These things are as nice as my Allen Edmonds (a more polar opposite piece of footwear I can't think of) in a lot of ways - Goodyear welt, stitched soul, nailed on heel. Really, really nice.

Much to the horror of my father, this is all I used to wear. I had a brand new pair of boots that I wore to my wedding. At the tux rental place, I told them I wouldn't need shoes. My Mother-in-Law asked what I was going to wear. When I told her, she laughed. Her laugh then became more nervous and said "You're kidding, right?" No one seemed to notice at the wedding. :biggrin:

My house burned down about six years ago and I lost a wonderful pair. I bought cheap ones but was never comfortable in them. I have not had a pair for a year or two now. :frown:

Levis. Close enough?

They are Boulet boots. These things are as nice as my Allen Edmonds (a more polar opposite piece of footwear I can't think of) in a lot of ways - Goodyear welt, stitched soul, nailed on heel. Really, really nice.

Boot cut Levi's. They make other kinds? :biggrin::biggrin:
Sue

A lot of people make fun of cowboy boots, but many of them are extremely comfortable and look good with jeans. Lucchese boots are the Bomb!

There is probably professional help available for them. They probably prefer veggies over a good steak or slab or ribs too.
Sue

I sold boots in the boot making capital of america for three years...El Paso, TX. Boots are a very comfortable brand of footwear. Many different styles/leathers to choose from. That looks like a nice boot that should provide you with years of comfort :)

Ah yes. I love me some boots! :biggrin1: Never knew we made and sold so many here. I was always kind of puzzled when I'd see folks from out of town stocking up on boots. Heck even my now father in law bought several pairs when he first visited El Paso.

I typically wear a pair of Tony Lamas with Levi's Don't like Wrangler.

EDIT: Btw, nice pair Dennis (of boots)!

For the record, I do not own Croc Boots.
I just have the regular crocs, and they are indeed comfy.
Girlfriends on the left, mine on the right.
And yes, before anyone asks, they are indeed the same size.
proxy.php
[/IMG]

...And them Limey eyes, they were eyein' a prize,
that some people call manly footwear. ...

London Homesick Blues
Gary P. Nunn

Been wearing cowboy boots since my first pair, a Christmas present when I was 3 or 4. Wore many a brand over the years, though never wore Lucchese. Never had a bad pair. My favorite pair though is my custom made pair that my loving Wife gifted me almost 20 years ago.

The Wrangler vs. Levis debate; older than creams vs. soaps. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, put me in the Wrangler camp. :wink:

Before I retired I pretty much wore boots exclusively. I needed to go to El Paso periodically so I would pick up a pair of Tony lama or Luchesse at the factory store. Years ago they were made in the U.S now they are all made in Mexico and simply are not as good. The factory stores used to have great deals on top boots now they have mostly junk.

Years ago there was a trend and people all over wore them but basically unless you live in the S.W people in general just don't get them.

...Years ago there was a trend and people all over wore them but basically unless you live in the S.W people in general just don't get them.
I guess you're referring to the Urban Cowboy trend back in the early '80s. :biggrin: Even the D/FW area got caught up in it. "Fancy" honky tonk" styled clubs popped up all over the place. Everybody had a pair of boots and a hat. We got a kick out of watching it all. Two decades later, I wonder what happened to all those boots and hats? :smile:

Top Bottom