What's new

What are you playing?

Resident Evil 5. I'm near the end of my first go-round. Next up is Veteran mode. For those who believe challenge breeds excellence.

The matchmaking on this game is amazing.

The full game is great.

As you go through the full game you unlock skulls which equate to ways to make the full game more difficult etc.

This game rocks, even if it is pretty old now!

I love the Lego games and just finished Indiana Jones. I am going to start Guitar Hero. I played this at a friends, but now I have my own.

. . .

I'm playing the ps2 remakes. Too bad they're only in Japanese.

Ya, and that is why I am playing the genesis version. I do not read/speak Japanese. To bad they were never released in the US. There was some talk about it awhile back, but it never went through :(

Ya, and that is why I am playing the genesis version. I do not read/speak Japanese. To bad they were never released in the US. There was some talk about it awhile back, but it never went through :(

The Genesis ones are better in my opinion. The remakes are fun, but I just can't help but feel like there's something off with the new ones.

Right now I'm hooked on Guitar Hero Metallica, but I still play COD4. I need to finish the headshots with the LMG's and I'll have all the golden guns!:w00t:

The Genesis ones are better in my opinion. The remakes are fun, but I just can't help but feel like there's something off with the new ones.

Sometimes they screw around too much with trying to update things. The SNES Ninja Gaidens are an example. I much prefer the old NES versions. They jacked up the soundtrack bigtime. I prefer the old 8-bit music. Part of the nostalgia.

Last edited:
PS3 here...add GoMonkey66, if you wanna...

Rock Band 2 - Mostly me and the wife, but I'd love to jam with anyone...
Zen Pinball - love the ol' silver ball
Socom: Confrontation - but it sucks...still, been playing Socom with my clan since 2.
Fallout 3 - the single best single-player reason to own a gaming system, period.

Sometimes they screw arpund too much with trying to update things. The SNES Ninja Gaidens are an example. I much prefer the old NES versions. They jacked up the soundtrack bigtime. I prefer the old X-bit music. Part of the nostalgia.

I’ll explain a little bit about the Phantasy Star remakes for those few who may care.
The remakes are fun; the core game is the same and there’s more story, but something feels not right. You can do timed button pushes to defend attacks, and you have to choose the strength and speed of each attack, which, while fun, isn’t the same. That and the cool 80’s anime graphics were replaced with more modern generic-looking graphics.

Battlefield: Heros Beta
Left 4 Dead

And... anxiously waiting to get into the closed beta for Huxley.

I've got about ~5,000 old ROMs for NES/SNES/Genesis/Gameboy/PS/N64/Gamecube but I really don't play them very often. There's some fun games out of the mix but most don't hold my attention more than 15-20 minutes.

Top Bottom