What's new

what is a good face wash/scrub for a greasy/oily nose?

Hi everyone,

Well I pretty much asked my question in the thread title lol. Here it is again

what is a good face wash/scrub for a greasy/oily nose?

Anyone got any good recommendations?

Thanks.

I use Neutrogena's Transparent Facial bar. Target usually has a three pack at a pretty reasonable price.

Last edited:
now before you shoot the messenger take a peek at this article.
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

There is a lot of truth to it and I do a slight variation on this as well. I make a thick lotion that is made up of 40% oils along with goat's milk and aloe juice and other great ingredients. But because mine has liquids in it I use jojoba beads to replace the sugar.

But you can make up your own scrub with some sugar and some castor oil and sunflower oil. Or olive oil and sugar would also be good.

But because your not using a preservative you need to mix this up fresh each time you do it. Simply take a tablespoon or two of sugar and add enough oil to dampen the sugar well and scrub on your face. Discard any left over sugar/oil mixture. Rinse your face. Your face will not feel oily after using it but will feel very soft and moisturized instead.

But you can also try what oil you already have in your house and i'm sure you also have sugar. So your not out anything by giving it a try.

If you wanted to take it a step further you can buy Tea Tree Oil in walmart and add a drop or two to the mixture as well before yo use it.

You could premix this but don't let any water come into contact with it. Mix it up and use a clean dry spoon to scoop some out into another container and use that. The reason is your not using a preservative and if you introduce any water mold and bacteria and yeast will grow. Not something you want on your skin. But as long as you don't introduce water your safe. you could also get some vit E caps and puncture a hole in one with a needle and squeeze that into the amount your going to use or seveal in the batch that you premade.

It really does work. This is also great for those that still get adult acne as well. (It worked for me and the occassional zits I use to get.)

This is great for the whole body as well. But be careful it will make the bottom of the tub slippery so caution needs to be used.

If that feels to oily for your skin look for an emulsified scrub. An emulsifier is a product that allows the water to mix with the oils without seperating so it rinses off easer I feel. Which is why I make mine with emulsifying wax or BTMS along with other great oils.

Anywho you don't have anything to lose by trying and chances are you already have the ingredients.

If the salt is to gritty try using baking soda instead, you will get the grit without being so harsh.

FWIW, I had no success with OCM until a regimen of accutane normalized my skin. It works fine now, but when my skin was oilier, it did nothing, despite trying different oil mixes for several months. It works for many people, but not for all.

Noxzema. No need to spend big dollars or search the internet when you can just walk down the block to a CVS.

Noxzema. No need to spend big dollars or search the internet when you can just walk down the block to a CVS.

+1 I recently began using Noxzema in the shower prior to shaving. I like it a lot and it (and it's many cheaper store brand knock offs are available for less than $5 anywhere.

Nivea For Men energizing Face Scrub

I use that too, good stuff. I just got some of their double action face wash and it is pretty good too. I've only used it once so I'm not sure if i like it as much as the scub yet. It smells exactly like their shaving cream though, which for me is a big plus :biggrin:

+1

Started using it as a preshave, but then switched to using it as a face wash. Works great on my very oily skin. Highly recommend it. If it doesn't work for you, no worries, you are only out about $5.

Last week, I received my first order from QED. I got some of the French clay and DaVinci water, mixed up some paste, and tried it out. It was a unique experience! I'm sure it would work quite well on oily skin!

Can't go wrong with Sharps Daily Prep Foaming Face Scrub. It's like a face wash and exfoliator in one. Mild but pleasant scent. I used Jack Black face scrub which is nice but I prefer Sharps as the marble powder provides a finer and less irritating scrub.

+1

Started using it as a preshave, but then switched to using it as a face wash. Works great on my very oily skin. Highly recommend it. If it doesn't work for you, no worries, you are only out about $5.

+1 on the Noxema. The eucalyptus is extremely refreshing and keeps me from getting oily or dried out.

now before you shoot the messenger take a peek at this article.
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

+1 on the oilcleansingmethod.

my mix is 1/3 Cold Pressed Castor oil (must be cold pressed not the laxative type castor) 1/3 jojoba oil and 1/3 grapeseed oil (or olive or almond or avocado depending on my mood.)

Give it two weeks of use...use it either in the morning or in the evening but not both. then dont use any other soap on your face just water...

this really does work.

also drink more water...try for a gallon of clean water per day to help skin.

Top Bottom