What's new

In love with Penhaligon's Racquets

Got a sample today with an order of D.R. Harris Arlington (which was a blind buy, but fortunately I like it. Really fresh and light) and I've got to tell y'all...WOW! What a fragrance! Though looking at the reviews here and on Basenotes, it seems that more than a few agree.

When I first smelled it I thought it was like something I had encountered in the dept. store, but after putting a little on my hand I saw that this stuff is GREAT! I fell in love, instantly. I haven't had this reaction to a fragrance since Mr. Taylor's cologne.

This is the first Penhaligon's that I can say with absolute certainty that I will buy when I get the chance. I like English Fern and admire BB, just not enough to justify wearing them. But Racquets is just....perfect. Soapy, exquisitely powdery, with a delicious creamy musk character. And it's light enough that I don't feel self-conscious when wearing it. Has that "English" quality that makes it seem just a LITTLE upper crust, but not overly so. I just love it. I even would describe it as "barbershop."

Seems like it's a lot older than a 1989 formulation too. Great stuff!

I agree on all counts.

I've been rocking the Racquets today as well!

It is THE sport fragrance, as far as I'm concerned.

Very masculine, without getting dirty. Works just about anywhere too. That powder really sets it off! And the combination of the powder with some incense makes it quite unique.

Royal Muske is about the closest thing I can think of, but it will never compare to the sporty awesomeness of Racquets.

I really like it, too. I would say it definitely a strong overall barbershop quality, with the soapiness and powder, but also has that underlying, subtle oriental aspect. And it seems English, and classy, and clean. Youthful.

Not sure which I like best; I'm a big fan of Racquets, BB and EF.
I do find the powdery note of Racquets quite intriguing.

I really like it, too. I would say it definitely a strong overall barbershop quality, with the soapiness and powder, but also has that underlying, subtle oriental aspect. And it seems English, and classy, and clean. Youthful.
I noticed the Oriental incense character too, albeit later. Adds to the versatility.

And I still say that it "seems" a lot older than an '80's scent. Has that classic 1930's vibe.

I probably wouldn't have picked it based on the description, but I received samples with an order and really liked it.

+1.

I was beginning to think that I was the only one that admired this scent.

Racquets and Douro/Lords rank among my favourites. I would immediately go and buy full bottles if these scents could last longer than an hour on me.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Ill tell you what.....

Use Pinaud Clubman Aftershave....and then put on some Penhaligon's Raquets...and your day cant go wrong.

Raquets is one of my absolute favorite scents. I wish I had the cream when they made it.

Top Bottom