What's new

How Long will a 4 oz puck of TABAC last me?

OK.
A local store is discontinuing its shaving stuff and has 4 ceramic bowels of TABAC for $11 each.
How long should a bowl last me if I use it daily and exclusively?
Would you get all 4 personally or will I have shave soap for 7-8 years if I do?

OK.
A local store is discontinuing its shaving stuff and has 4 ceramic bowels of TABAC for $11 each.
How long should a bowl last me if I use it daily and exclusively?
Would you get all 4 personally or will I have shave soap for 7-8 years if I do?

Buy them. Buy them all! The price per bowl is less than you'll pay just for the refill puck alone.

And why would it be a problem to have enough shave soap for 7~8 years? Especially if its TABAC!

How long does a bowl of Tabac last? I'll let you know if I ever finish mine ... I'm still on my first which was used almost exclusively from late October to the end of March ... it hardly has a dent in it.

What other kinds of goodies are they clearing out?

Last edited:
Gave a puck to a friend for his bday in early october... he's using a boar brush and he just finished his puck a few days ago.

roughly nine months.

3 to 4 months. It depends on the kind of lather you want to make. If you want to shave with water with a whiff of Tabac, you can make it last longer. If you want to shave with Tabac and a whiff (alright, a few drops) of water, you'll end up in the range I wrote down just now.

That's not fair... even I would buy Tabac at that price... All 4 bowls too!

Wait, is Tabac hard on people's skin if they have EO allergies? If so then I can tell myself I don't care.

I just got me my first puck of Tabac and I really like it. I say get as many as you can. Heck, you could give them to your friends as gifts to get them into wet shaving.

Tabac lasts 36 months from the time it's opened, according to the info printed on the side of the bowl, that what the 36M next to a symbol of a bowl with the lid open means.

Tabac lasts 36 months from the time it's opened, according to the info printed on the side of the bowl, that what the 36M next to a symbol of a bowl with the lid open means.

I hope to use it up before that. 36 months I should have used 6 pucks according to some of the posts.

Since the discussion concerns Tabac prices, I thought I'd throw in a comment. I bought mine off FrangranceX after reading a post about their sale pricing. Later, I discovered that Charles at QED carries the refills for a regular price of $10, well, below even the sale price on FragranceX.

As in many cases, the difference may come down to shipping cost. FX did offer free shipping. However, as a reminder to anyone interested in trying Tabac, this is a good place for your purchase (QED). The service and quality of their own brand is second to none!

J

Jarmo P

My Tabac pucks lasts estimated 8 months of daily usage. I know I should fall on the decieving trap and get many other soaps too, lol. I have 2 Original containers, and 4 refills waiting to be used.

I was searching for Cris Moss's hoard he have on the fellow shave forum, but could not find that thread for now.

Jarmo

Top Bottom