What's new

Free Kiehl's shaving cream

I wasn't going to shave today in order to experience an extraordinary shave tomorrow with my new soap (TOBS Lavender). Not to mention that yesterday's shave was soooo BBS that today's stubble was almost non-existent.

Anyway, I had the urge to try my Blue Eagle bottle to see how well or poorly it performed. I squeezed out an ample amount of shaving cream on my hand and rubbed it on my face in circles leaving me with an over application of sunscreen look.

I picked up my razor with a new blade in it (Red Personna) and began shaving. The blade didn't skip but I felt like I was irritating my skin. I did a full pass WTG. The neck area wasn't pleasant to do as I felt some tugging.

I washed off my left hand that had all the cream residue as well as my face. I squeezed out some more shaving cream into my hand for an ATG pass. I decided to go ATG because I wanted this shave to be over with. This pass was similar to the first. I gave myself a few nicks around my neck.

The shaving cream really clogged up the razor and provided a sub par shave. Since I was shaving using a brushless cream I decided to use a can of Edge shave gel to finish this horrendous shave.

I really don't know when I'll use this cream again. Maybe while I'm traveling and bored out of my mind??? I"m starting to regret I traded in a can of Edge Sensitive skin shave gel.

On a positive note, the lady at Kiehl's also gave me a sample of their Facial Fuel Moisturizer. This stuff feels great on my skin after the crappy shave.

Last edited:
I found a great use for Kiehl's shaving cream, and it worked very well. After my final pass, I feel for any stranded hairs, then applied a drop of Kiehl's brushless SC and a quick pass over the spot and it gone. With this method my free tube with last years and years.

Last edited:
I found a great use for Kiehl's shaving cream, and it worked very well. After my final pass, I feel for any stranded hairs, then applied a drop of Kiehl's brushless SC and a quick pass over the spot and it gone. With this method my free tube with last years and years.

This cream didn't cause any irritation while doing your touch ups? I guess I'll try this method out later today.

I never got irritation. Give it try and let me know what you think.

So I was shaving this morning and on my 4th pass I wasn't getting any good lather anymore. I decided to try your suggestion and applied the Kiehls cream onn the little patches of rough spots left over. This idea wasn't a bad one at all. The cool thing is that you can see the little bits of stubble that the Kiehls cream help pick up since it is so thick and gunky.

I'll continue to use kiehls on my touch ups!

I've never tried it, I don't think its available in Canada, but it looks interesting.

proxy.php

Might be a good way for new converts to ditch that half empty can of goo.

It is availible through Holt Renfrew and there is at least one Kiehl store in TO on Young north of Eglinton:biggrin:

Top Bottom