What's new

Shave with sunburn

We recently went to Cedar Point for some coaster fun. My face got fried and I tried to shave(can you say ouchhhhhh!). I know this will happen again any suggestion on how to prep for shave, I know(stay out of the sun).:eek:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Try some aloe. It should cool the burn and help your skin to heal in no time. Usually, within 48 hours... You can always get it in Gel at the pharmacy/chemist or if you have a plant, it's even better...

If you can't wait 2 days then I would include aloe in my prep.

Try some aloe. It should cool the burn and help your skin to heal in no time. Usually, within 48 hours... You can always get it in Gel at the pharmacy/chemist or if you have a plant, it's even better...

If you can't wait 2 days then I would include aloe in my prep.

+1. Aloe vera all the way. Some use it as an aftershave as is, I believe.

You don't want to apply anything to an area that is still warm from the burn. You first need to cool the burn,( cold towels, time, etc..) let the area breath. If you cover-up the burned area, without cooling first, it will continue to burn. Aloe is usually good after a cool shower and time to let the burn cool, its a little painful but will payoff in the long run. On shaving w/ a sunburn I would wait a couple days. And, next time wear sunblock! (50) Good luck!!

Top Bottom