What's new

L'Occitane Cade A/S splash vs Cade A/S balm

I recently went by the local L'Occitane store where I'm visiting and am considering picking up their shaving soap. I'd like to get their matching Cade A/S, but am unsure if I should go with the balm of the splash in the same scent. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

I've not tried the splash but the balm is excellent. It is perhaps a little "thick" but I found it ideal in winter as my skin does get quite dry when the temperature drops. I quite like the juniper smell (as does my wife).

Hahaha, ofcourse.....that's the only sensible thing to do!!!!! Maybe you didn't see my other thread about selling my T&H 1805 collection to help pay for a new Shavemac brush and other products of various AD's.....when does it all end???? (that's a stricly rhetorical question as we all now that it never does end)

Their scents are completely different. The splash is my favorite scent in the entire kingdom of wet shaving.

The A/S has good scent and really tones and tightens up my skin but I need to follow up with a balm or moisturizer because it leaves me dry. So I follow up with the Cade balm which is pretty rich, you don't need much. That combination leaves my face feeling great and the scent is awesome. I would wait for any sales that may be coming up in the month of June so you can get both.

Hahaha, ofcourse.....that's the only sensible thing to do!!!!! Maybe you didn't see my other thread about selling my T&H 1805 collection to help pay for a new Shavemac brush and other products of various AD's.....when does it all end???? (that's a stricly rhetorical question as we all now that it never does end)

now there is my favorite scent.

Cade is always raved about. Might have to find some.

Well, I went and picked up a puck of the L'Occitane shave soap for all of $10.00 and checked out the A/S selection. For whatever reason, this store did not have the A/S splash in stock so I'll just wait out a nice sale and pick up the splash and balm at the same time.

The Cade splash is one of my all-time favorite scents as well, though I typically don't use it in the spring & summer....it's a fall/winter scent for me. As for the balm, I found it too thick, even for a balm. And it smells like an old lady's cold cream to me.

I think that the splash is light and refreshing--perfect for warmer weather. The balm is indeed thick, but I think that a drop or two works like a charm. Add the soap and you have a perfect lineup.

The scents are quite different. I have both. The balm smells more like the soap but is quite heavy for the summer. I have had a tube for a year and a half and not done yet...... It is great for use after a sunburn though

Top Bottom