What's new

Need Help Choosing Soap or Cream for a Special Occasion

Which do choose for my Wedding Day Shave?

• Blenheim Bouquet

• Endymion

• Opus 1870

• Castle Forbes Lime

• Valobra Menthol

• MWF

• Provence Sante

• T&H 1805

• T&H West India Lime

• Santa Maria Novella

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm getting married next Saturday, June 6th and need help choosing a cream or soap for this special day?

I forgot to add Trumpers Rose to the list.

Last edited:
There are a lot of great choices there. Of those listed, MY choice would be the MWF -- but that's just me. It also gives you the most options in terms of after shave and cologne. More importantly, which one do YOU like the best? That is the one you should go with.

Good luck, and congratulations!!!

Several of these, MWF, West India Lime and Valobra Menthol, I have not used and they're still in thier packaging. But I still have a couple of weeks to learn how they lather.

Santa Maria Novella is the only one on the list that I don't have but I'm looking for an excuse to buy it!! Anyone know where I can find a sample?

I personally like the Castle Forbes Lime the best by razor thin margin over the Pen's.

I'm thinking of wearing either Floris Vetiver or Aqua di Parma Colonia Cologne for the wedding. Leaning toward AdP.

Several of these, MWF, West India Lime and Valobra Menthol, I have not used and they're still in thier packaging. But I still have a couple of weeks to learn how they lather.
Fire up the West Indian Limes tomorrow. It's easy to lather and you will absolutely love it.

Santa Maria Novella is the only one on the list that I don't have but I'm looking for an excuse to buy it!! Anyone know where I can find a sample?
The Shave Den sells samples.

First and foremost, warm congratulations on the pending nuptials.

Second, though I voted Blenheim, I also won't be at your wedding, nor in your marriage. In other words, let her choose!

There are a lot of great choices there. Of those listed, MY choice would be the MWF -- but that's just me. It also gives you the most options in terms of after shave and cologne. More importantly, which one do YOU like the best? That is the one you should go with.

Good luck, and congratulations!!!

I thought the same thing.

I personally like the Castle Forbes Lime the best by razor thin margin over the Pen's.

I'm thinking of wearing either Floris Vetiver or Aqua di Parma Colonia Cologne for the wedding. Leaning toward AdP.

You've got plenty of time to learn something new.

However, I would choose something you don't yet own :biggrin:

I live with her and she gives me the "harry eyeball" everytime there's a package at the door. All I say is, "I want to look stunning at your wedding!"

Of course, she has 4 cabinets to my 1 drawer and half of a cabinet, so she has no room to talk!!

I'm getting married next Saturday, June 6th and need help choosing a cream or soap for this special day?

I forgot to add Trumpers Rose to the list.

Congrats, Mazel Tov, etc. Not going to be any surprise to anyone reading other of my posts that I pick Blenheim Bouquet (or any of the Pen's), but all of those choices listened are grand!

Is it during the day? Is it outside? June 6. Maybe you want something summery, maybe a lime. More importantly, what scent will your bride be wearing? What scent does your bride like best? You might as well hard wire into your system now early "I surrender to my wife." Willingly, graciously, whole-heartedly. This is not for her benefit. It is for you. Nothing will make you happier in your married life!

Congrats, and I'd say go unscented or extremely light on the scent so as to allow for the as/edt/whatever you want to take front stage. Or you could do an overlapping combo with a soap or cream and a matching edt.

Cuttingboard,

Congratulations! I'm actually getting married June 5th and have been wondering what to shave with as well! We actually have pretty similar tastes so I'm watching this thread very carefully:thumbup1:.

Congrats, Mazel Tov, etc. Not going to be any surprise to anyone reading other of my posts that I pick Blenheim Bouquet (or any of the Pen's), but all of those choices listened are grand!

Is it during the day? Is it outside? June 6. Maybe you want something summery, maybe a lime. More importantly, what scent will your bride be wearing? What scent does your bride like best? You might as well hard wire into your system now early "I surrender to my wife." Willingly, graciously, whole-heartedly. This is not for her benefit. It is for you. Nothing will make you happier in your married life!

Getting married outside at 6PM, probably shave about 3:30PM. My bride is kind of indifferent, she could care less. She always says, "that smells nice" to all of my soaps and creams.

Thanks for all the congrats guys!

Well, I'll vote for Castle Forbes, but I think you should go with the shave soap or cream that performs the best -- which one gives you the best slippery cushioning durable lather? You don't want to choose smell or "whatever we tell you" unless you get an equally outstanding, protective lather from all of these.

Don't use anything for the first time, either -- it might give you a rash or it might smell terrible or etc. Go with a solid, best-performing lather. Ditto the blade: go with the second shave on your favorite blade--that way you won't find out that you got a bum blade halfway through the first pass.

Top Bottom