What's new

Long-Handled Progress -Taking Pre-Orders

The long anticipated release of the long-handled Merkur Progress razor is here. I was able to place an order and will have them in stock in about 2-3 weeks. Because supply is limited, I am taking pre-orders. Please send me a PM if you wish to be on the list.

I will be charging $60.95 for the Long-Handled Progress plus shipping.

Last edited:
Is this a factory-made item straight from Merkur? Or an after-market custom piece?

Is it the handle itself that is longer? Or a longer knob at the bottom?

Is this a factory-made item straight from Merkur? Or an after-market custom piece?

Is it the handle itself that is longer? Or a longer knob at the bottom?

It is a factory made item straight from Merkur that was just released. The handle itself is longer.

:w00t: That is way cheap. Most places are selling the long handle for $75! To bad I bought a progress a few weeks ago :frown:

does anyone know yet if cooncatbob's knobs I already have for the short handle will work on these? they look pretty cool in either case.

does anyone know yet if cooncatbob's knobs I already have for the short handle will work on these? they look pretty cool in either case.

While nobody has reported my guess would be no.
Merkur uses the same length stems on all their long stem razors (barber poles, HDs) so the knob would probably be too short.

The handle to the long-handled Progress is about 1/2" longer than the standard Progress with a longer spindle to accommodate the longer handle.

Top Bottom