What's new

cut sheets?

I was reading some newbie tips, and came across this one which mentions "cut sheets".:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4018

I think I saw these sheets (that show shaving directions) flashed for a few sections on the mantic videos on youtube. So where can I get a copy of these?
Sorry if they are somewhere obvious but I didn't see a link on any tutorials, and I searched the forum and google.

Thanks in advance.

proxy.php

Im not sure if this is exactly the same (probably not) as the one Mantic59 use/show in his videos, but try this and change the arrows if you get irritation.

//Axel

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting...

Out of curiosity, are the shaving directions shown in the picture the ones that traditional barbers use? Or is it just arbitrary?

That's pretty interesting...

Out of curiosity, are the shaving directions shown in the picture the ones that traditional barbers use? Or is it just arbitrary?

I found this picture on a swedish forum, and have no idea about where it come from and if this is the real deal or just a random from the internet. However, I can't shave with this sheet without getting irritation, my beard grows in a totally different directions comparing to the man on the sheet. Maybe it will work better with a straight razor than my safetyrazor?

//Axel

Next time I shave Im goin to try it according to the picture. It looks helpful for those tough spots.

Next time I shave Im goin to try it according to the picture. It looks helpful for those tough spots.

I'd be careful with that, I don't know many people who would say that the arrows in that picture are the best way to shave... definitely NOT true for me.

I suggest using paint to remove the arrows and then draw in your own!
Amen to that!

I'd be careful with that, I don't know many people who would say that the arrows in that picture are the best way to shave... definitely NOT true for me.

But at least Mantic59 shave in pretty much the same way as the picture, at least at the neck, with first shaving downward in the first pass and then upward the next. And at least to me that is the hardest place to shave properly without getting irritation, so if I replace A and B I won't have any problems shaving with it.

//Axel

Last edited:
And the order of the cuts... seems bass ackwards to me. Totally different than I how I do it.

Neither picture represents a WTG or ATG IMO. It appears to be more of a hybrid. I'd say "A" looks like a hybrid WTG/XTG and "B" looks like a hybrid ATG/XTG.

The person who this is based off of must have a similar growth pattern as you for this to work. If my first pass were like either A or B I'd be hurting big time!

+1 Not even close!

I deffinitely won't be trying "A" anytime soon... My neck would be in intolerable shambles.

"A" is close on the neck for a WTG for me but we are all so very different. I still say that removing the arrows and mapping your own growth pattern is the best idea.

I found them and a lot more super useful info about shaving in the book The Practice and Science of Standard Barbering by S.C. Thorpe. You can download a pdf copy of it here. It not only has the zones, but stropping advise and sanitary practices as well. Maybe a little out of date, but cool none the less. The shaving info starts on page 71 in the book/page 87 in the pdf file.

Possibly the reason they don't work for shaving yourself is that they are based out of the barber manual? Shaving someone else using it as a guide may make a lot more sense. I'm not sure, since I'm not a barber and I doubt my wife would allow me to draw the guide on the bathroom mirror to help me guide myself.:smile:

J

Jarmo P

I suggest using paint to remove the arrows and then draw in your own!
+1

There is the finger to rub on beard growth and no one's is the the same as in some chart.

Top Bottom