What's new

My Newly-Acquired 1985 Trek 600

I was going to post this in Photo number tag~TRANSPORTATION~, then realized that they're only at number 60, and my bike is a frackin' Trek 600!! So, here it is (the number is on the front end of the top tube, and reads "600 Series"):

proxy.php

3 things:

enjoy it, it looks to be in great shape;

ditch that seat post;

read the article in this month's Outside about riding L'eroica. The author rode it on a Trek very similar to yours. L'eroica is a bike ride everyone here should "get." It is 127 miles across the roads of Tuscany, its not a race, its a brevet...a personal challenge. The challenge is the constant up and down of the Tuscan roads, and the "strada bianchi" or white chalk farm roads that make up about 1/3 of the ride.

Wet shavers should "get" this ride because it is intended to be a throw back to the better, "heroic," time in Italian cycling. Most riders ride on period bikes, with period equipment.

I stayed on the course last June and July and rode the whole thing. I did most of it in one day (as intended) by myself and I was spent...oh, I did it in on a 14lb carbon fiber modern bike and in modern, breathable, light weight cycling clothing. Nothing like the "true" test but absolutely spectacular and a ride I will never forget.

Just for an idea:
proxy.php

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxyJT7wmcc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

awesome bike! I have 2 Treks, a 730 Multitrack and an 850 Mountain , and I love them both! Sadly, most Treks today are made in China.:mad3:

Top Bottom