Thread: Sweat compatible sunscreen...

Unhappy Sweat compatible sunscreen...

Now I religiously put on Bullfrog SS every morning since I am of scottish descend and usually before I headout. I need a sunscreen that stands up to sweat my usual is lacking. I pulled my boy in a bike trailer for 15-20 miles why we were running errands around Hilo, Hi and I got a little more sun than I would like. I know re-apply, re-apply, but its a pain in the tuchus while you are riding or running. I do re-apply after surfing. I think the added humidity here is killing me as this wasnt a problem for me in SoCal or AZ.

So does anyone have a suggestion for sunscreen that is sweat proof?
    "The Communists (Our enemies) will defeat us, not by virtue of their strength, but because of our weakness. They will win by default." Ngô Đěnh Diệm

Images

In my experience, the normal Bullfrog is the best. I've been using it since my trip to the Bahamas about 8 years ago. I was also a lifeguard for a while in high school and used it exclusively. I'm from Charleston, SC, so I know humid. Bullfrog works for me.

You also might want to try the Coppertone Sport. It comes in a gel (like bullfrog), spray or aerosol.

One of my friends dad, who had skin cancer on his face swears by a certain kind, but I cant remember for the life of me what it is called. He plays a lot of tennis though, so it is good with sweat.

Really though, no sunscreen is truly sweatproof. You'll still have to re apply, since it will only protect you for a certain amount of time, even if you aren't sweating.

myself, my skin is quite dark, and it tans extremely fast. If I use any sunscreen, I get rashes all over my face and body. It's terrible, but, I'm allergic to just about every kind.

Jeff

Images

Hello KingSlug,

I, too, had that problem with other sunblocks I was using, until I found Neutrogena Ultra Sheer™ Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55. It contains Helioplex™ technology, the latest breakthrough in UV protection. The Dry-Touch technology absorbs excess sunscreen oils, leaving a clean, lightweight, non-shiny finish.

The Neutrogena site says:

Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

Waterproof

Sweatproof

PABA-free

I use it everyday if I will be leaving the house. I first spray on some toner (which is the last step of my shave routine anyway) and then rub in a small amount all over my face, throat, neck, ears and hands. Skin feels satin-smooth, not oily or greasy. Works great when I go flyfishing - doesn't wash off if I dip my hand in the water, and it doesn't irritate my eyes if I start sweating.

Cheers,
    Richard
    Plano