What's new

Gmail + Badger & Blade = Tidy Inbox

I just switched from yahoo mail to gmail, and I find that the way it displays discussion threads keeps my inbox much cleaner. For someone who subscribes to a bunch of threads, it's nice having a single inbox entry for each thread (rather than for each individual message.)
Anyone else using/loving gmail?

Agreed, Gmail has it going on. I use it to store a lot of large files that I can get my hands on anywhere.

I was absolutely blown away the first time I got a gmail message that included a date in it - and Gmail offered to add it to my calendar. Even if they misstep from time-to-time, you really have to admire the willingness to innovate.

I was absolutely blown away the first time I got a gmail message that included a date in it - and Gmail offered to add it to my calendar. Even if they misstep from time-to-time, you really have to admire the willingness to innovate.

I almost forgot! Whenever I get an email with a tracking number, it sets up a link automatically. I think it even offers to map addresses. Also, I find the Google ads actually interesting from time to time.

Maybe we should setup a gmail account thread - whereby we can send out gmail invites to members who do not have a gmail account, but want one?

gmail is a great webmail program. It has really revolutionized webmail and we should be seeing a lot of competitors try to one up gmail not only in webspace allowed but in thier user interface.

Count me in on the Gmail...I really like it. Been a user since the very beginning. I have a friend who is an engineer at Google and worked on this project. I can send out invites as well.

hmm guys how can one get that subscription that sends him a mail when there is a new post in that thread?
On the top, click the link "thread tools" and in the drop down menu, click "Subscribe to this thread"

That will send you an e-mail to the one associated with your B&B account everytime someone posts a reply to the thread you are subscribed.

On the top, click the link "thread tools" and in the drop down menu, click "Subscribe to this thread"

That will send you an e-mail to the one associated with your B&B account everytime someone posts a reply to the thread you are subscribed.

Cheers mate! It is embarassing that someone who studied IT did not see that Roll-out menu in the upper area :blush:... but anyway thanks!

Count me in on the Gmail...I really like it. Been a user since the very beginning. I have a friend who is an engineer at Google and worked on this project. I can send out invites as well.

Me too! Actually, my friend worked for a small company that was bought up by Google, but their technology became an integral part of Gmail. As he was rather high up the chain, he made out like a bandit.

I just recently migrated my subscriptions, etc so that Gmail is my primary account, now that I've had ample time to play around with the filter and labeling system. I find it a lot more streamlined than anything else I've ever used, and very useful and intuitive.

My chief "want" with respect to Gmail is a "quick filter" option that would allow me to create a filter based on a specific sender directly from an email message from that sender. Just a small thing...

Google will take over the world. And it'll be a better place for it.

Hmm definitelly agree but there is one big BUT ... imagine all those people who do not know how to use google properly (I know a few guys and it is driving me nuts as it is so simple!!!!!) ... well you can imagine to whom the would go for answers to all life's problems?! ... this reminds me: 'To alcohol! The cause - and solution - of all life's problems!' Homer J. SImpson :lol:

I've had a regular gmail.com account for awhile.. but I just setup google apps for your domain... so now I get gmail and I can use my regular address without having to forward it all to gmail :smile: and I don't have to take up my hosting space with email :smile:

Top Bottom