What's new

Anyone seen Israeli Stainless Steel Super "Shalom" Blades?

Hi,

A friend's attic yielded many of what look like an early version of the Israeli Personna blade. The blade says "Shalom" on the top, and on the bottom it says Super Stainless steel Made in Israel. The paper case says Stainless Steel Super. Anyone used these vintage blades? Are they any good? Are they worth anything? I haven't tried one yet, but will tomorrow.

Shalom!

Save them, but don't use them. Instead, either purchase a sapmler from letterK or the Israeli blades from ebay.

Marty

Why skip using them? If you found them in the attic, who knows what they have been submitted to as far as heat and cold, humidity, etc. Remember, it's your face you want to drag these across.

Randy

Randy's right, if they've been there for any length of time, who knows what kind of corrosion could have occured on that microscopic blade edge. Combine that with the temperature extremes in the attic, the blade could be slightly warped, very thin steel is known to warp due to temperature changes over time.

Actually, I think they were in his house....but they are 40 years old, so the microscopic deterioration idea might hold. I tried one this am, and it seems like a pretty good blade, no Feather, but not bad. I may hold onto some and ebay the rest. What's funny is that there are probably enough blades so I could shave for 10 years with them! Of course then I'd have to neglect all my other razors like my injectors, my Techmatic, and my Gem razors.

Top Bottom