What's new

Big Wheel Drifting

Very cool. I remember having a Dukes of Hazard Big Wheel, complete with "hand brake" attached to one of the back wheels for spinout action. Our driveway growing up was one big hill with a 10' drop at the end -- I'd go through 2 or three pairs of shoes each summer, wearing out the rubber on the heels stopping just before I went over the wall.

Thanks for giving me pause to remember those summers!

Very cool. I remember having a Dukes of Hazard Big Wheel, complete with "hand brake" attached to one of the back wheels for spinout action. Our driveway growing up was one big hill with a 10' drop at the end -- I'd go through 2 or three pairs of shoes each summer, wearing out the rubber on the heels stopping just before I went over the wall.

Thanks for giving me pause to remember those summers!
Very similar for me, except for the time I was wearing flip-flops and slipped on my running jump onto the back. Dragged myself down the whole driveway before I thought to let go. Still have the scars on my knees. Just the beginning of my bike influenced wounds.

Heh, I remember the Green Machine, too. I had a Big Wheel and the kid next door had a Green Machine. I always thought his looked way cool, but I liked mine better because I could take the seatback off and use it as a scooter. I also had Stretch Armstrong AND Stretch Monster, so I was uber cool in the stretch category. :biggrin:

I had one called the Green Machine. It was awesome. It was all green and black and had two sticks for steering.

Edit:

I love the internet,

http://www.retroland.com/pages/retropedia/toys/item/2617/

I have a local law enforcement officer who lives across the street who has a Green Machine. He rides that thing up and down the street. At first I thought I was having 1976 flashbacks!

My son has a Green Machine. I think I'm going to ride it to night. I'll post pictures if I can get the wife to watch my foolishness.

I had the Dukes of Hazard big wheel too! I also had 'The Hulk' big wheel. I wore them both out completely.

Man, the memories. Now I want a big wheel!

Last edited:
Heh, I remember the Green Machine, too. I had a Big Wheel and the kid next door had a Green Machine. I always thought his looked way cool, but I liked mine better because I could take the seatback off and use it as a scooter. I also had Stretch Armstrong AND Stretch Monster, so I was uber cool in the stretch category. :biggrin:

+1 but at the end of the day me and my Big Wheel always left the Green Machine in the dust.....:biggrin:

I had a Hulk big wheel, too! And a silver and black Marvel superheroes model. I had to give the Hulk one to my cousin, because he didn't have one. That was about the ONLY thing he didn't have. I mean he literally had a box of G.I. Joe Flag points. They were all bundled up in rubber bands. *opens attaché* "I'll take both Ratlers. And the Raven, too."
My brother got a black model with an motorized squirt gun built into the handle bars. Those were the days...

My brother got a black model with an motorized squirt gun built into the handle bars. Those were the days...
After those came out I modded my youngest brother's so I could mount a first run SuperSoaker to it. Too small for me by then, but a blast for him at 4 yo

Couldn't ride it tonight. I had to clean up a Fat Boy I just got in the mail. Priorities?

My son and I got out the Green Machine. I had him take pictures for me. Since he is 9 and was giggling most of the time his pictures were pretty bad. He was able to take one good pic. That's me with a smile on my face doing a big slide. A video may come later. My son and I are planning to do a Top Gear spoof. I'll be Jeremy. I think my son will be the Hamster. I'm planning on casting my daughter as The Stig, our tame Green Machine racer.

Top Bottom