What's new

Acquisitions May 18 - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this Travel Tech from bbsupersport. Not only was it very clean, but it is an N2 which happens to be the year and time I was born, so you see I had to buy it, I didn't have a choice in the matter. It does not count as a RAD purchase.

Thanks Bill, and also thank you for the pack of Derby Extras you threw in. :biggrin:

Joe,

Glad to see that you received it okay, and you're welcome.

Impressive restoration

Got a Brit. HD Rocket in the mail today, I god it very cheap at an on-line auction site.

Here is the sellers pic.:

proxy.php

Here it is after cleaning:

proxy.php

proxy.php

It cleaned up very nicely. Only fault is that the head is loose, changing the blade takes some care, but once the TTO is tightened again there are no problems.

Regards.

Jakob

The one on the left is a 1917 and right one is from 1921. The second picture is the 1921 before cleaning. I used the aluminum foil/baking soda method to remove the tarnish. I finished with a very light touch of silver polish to remove some spots that remained. Unfortunately, the knob is brassed on the 1921. It looks like that razor saw some good use with its previous owners.

Steve

Picked this one up today, funny thing is that I have looked at this razor on 3 different occasions over a 6 month period. But never grabbed it because it is a mismatched set, Ever Ready case and Gem razor Today, I noticed that it was an open comb. This is my second OC Gem, the first one was un-usable because of a bad spring. Even Dr. Dave was unable to revive it, so it is now a display piece. Any one have an idea what should be in the case?
I have a box like that with a 1914 Ever Ready in it. In fact the handle on your open comb looks like an Ever Ready handle.:smile:

I was tidying up a bit on Monday when I discovered an old bottle full of Old Spice Aftershave in a Lighthouse shaped decanter. It was given to me as a gift from my Aunt & Uncle some 25-30 years ago. They used to give me Old Spice aftershave every year for Christmas after I started shaving. I always thought it was for old men and used to give it away ( I wish I had it now :rolleyes:). I never said anything to them as I didn't want to hurt their feelings and thought the gesture was very nice and thoughtful. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this bottle stashed away, and was anxiously awaiting my shave yesterday (Tuesday) morning to give it a try. It smells great and still soothes the face. I wonder if I think it smells great because now I am an "old" guy! :biggrin:
My Aunt passed away about seven years ago and I really miss her, so It was a nice remembrance to not only have found it, but to finally use the gift I was given so many years ago.

View attachment 51689

Fabulous!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom