Not open for further replies.
D1 = 1st quarter of the year 1958
F4 = 4th quarter of the year 1960
G2 = 2nd quarter of the year 1961
H4 = 4th quarter of the year 1962
L1 = 1st quarter of the year 1966
Y2 = 2nd quarter of the year 1953
R3 = 3rd quarter of the year 1972

awesome! thanks. I was hoping some were older but at least I understand how to read that chart better now!

I didn't get this this week (a mate sent it from Australia about 3 months ago) but I've just got around to cleaning it... a 1930s British New, with something quite important missing... handle is crackless! :w00t:

I didn't get this this week (a mate sent it from Australia about 3 months ago) but I've just got around to cleaning it... a 1930s British New, with something quite important missing... handle is crackless! :w00t:

That looks very nice! I love the head on those razors, I have a couple but unfortunately for me it seems a bit too aggressive for my face.

I just won these on Ebay:

proxy.php

proxy.php

For 16$ shipped, and exchange rate is quite good these days.

Another package from Pro Shave today:

proxy.php

Dovo silvertip travel brush
Anthony razor burn repair
Merkur Progress
A puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat
Proraso/Omega prof. boar brush

The MWF and boar brush are birthdaypresents for my old man. After having used the Palmolive shaving stick for 40+ years it is disppearing from the Danish market - and his 12+ years old Omega boar brush is in dire need of a replacement.

Regards.

Jakob

3 bars Speick body soap
1 bar bigelow menthol and eucalyptus body soap
Tabac Shave soap and tub.

Very excited about this one. I have bowl of D.R. Harris Marlbough shave soap on its way too.

Another package from Pro Shave today:

proxy.php

Dovo silvertip travel brush
Anthony razor burn repair
Merkur Progress
A puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat
Proraso/Omega prof. boar brush

The MWF and boar brush are birthdaypresents for my old man. After having used the Palmolive shaving stick for 40+ years it is disppearing from the Danish market - and his 12+ years old Omega boar brush is in dire need of a replacement.

Regards.

Jakob

Jakob, You have some serious RAD...Get hold of yourself man.....:biggrin:

proxy.php

This weeks purchases
Omega boar brush
Tabac-Man AS lotion
Tabac Original Edc
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
Palmolive SC
Truefitt and Hill Lavender SC

Can't get over the size of the Tabac Edc bottle, it's 300ml (10.1 fl.oz) compared to most other Ecd's only being 100ml (3.3 fl.oz)

Cased Fat Handled Tech
Blue Case '40's TV Special
Proraso White
Proraso Green Cream
Omega Soap

Almost bought a Case Red Imp, but I saw the TV and forgot all about it.

got this off the bay. Is this the bull dog?

thanks

Nope, that is a 40's Aristocrat. One of Gillette's finest TTO razors to shave with in my opinion. Love these razors. Open the silo doors to see if the center bar is notched and we can date it more accurately! Nice!:smile:

D1 = 1st quarter of the year 1958
F4 = 4th quarter of the year 1960
G2 = 2nd quarter of the year 1961
H4 = 4th quarter of the year 1962
L1 = 1st quarter of the year 1966
Y2 = 2nd quarter of the year 1953
R3 = 3rd quarter of the year 1972

Not only that but the D1 looks to be a TV special I think. Can't see the knurling pattern too clearly but the date code is right and it looks different from the other flare tip superspeed.

Nope, that is a 40's Aristocrat. One of Gillette's finest TTO razors to shave with in my opinion. Love these razors. Open the silo doors to see if the center bar is notched and we can date it more accurately! Nice!:smile:

and I will not post how much I got it for but I got a great deal I was the second high bidder on that, I will post it when I get it, have been looking for one as a keeper and this might be it but as you know images are deciving sometimes ... thank you for your help

Think it is a mismatch? The 30's Aristocrats were all open comb I thought. This is a solid safety bar no endcaps (by design) no notch gold Aristocrat.

Thanks for any more info! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom