What's new

Any baseball fans here?

Come on bring the passion. Let's hear your favorite baseball park story. As a a Cubs fan I have plenty of good memories but even more heartache over my beloved cubbies. This could be the year and if not there is always next year right?

For me, there are only two team, the Twins and the Red Sox.

The best game I ever saw live was on July 4, 1977 at Fenway Park. Red Sox vs. Blue Jays. The Red Sox hit 8 home runs and won 9-6. Lynn, Rice, and Yastrzemski hit consecutive home runs in the 8th innning.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS197707040.shtml

In 1978/79, I worked with a woman whose husband was friends with the Twins equipment manager. He arranged for my brother and me to have our picture taken with Carl Yastrzemski when the Red Sox came to Metropolitan Stadium. The next year, I brought copies of the picture and was able to have them sent into the clubhouse for Yaz to autograph.

Awesome stories. I think yaz was the last triple crown winner. Not sure but cool stories none the less.

Come on bring the passion. Let's hear your favorite baseball park story. As a a Cubs fan I have plenty of good memories but even more heartache over my beloved cubbies. This could be the year and if not there is always next year right?

I watch Japanese baseball almost every day (Hanshin Tigers are my team) and also follow the Red Sox. How's old Kousuke (Fukudome) doing anyway??

Awesome stories. I think yaz was the last triple crown winner. Not sure but cool stories none the less.

Yes he was! 1967. .326 batting average, 44 home runs (tied with Harmon Killebrew (Twins)), 121 RBIs. No one has had a triple crown since, in either league.

The Red Sox beat the Twins at Fenway in the last game of the season to win the pennant.

Top Bottom