What's new

First Ever Restorations

I would first like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Ever-Ready sticky, and to those that have posted their own restorations in other threads. I was truly inspired to give it a shot because of your amazing work.

I have very little diy experience, and further more I have little in the way of tools. With that being said, if I can do it then anyone can. I hope perhaps this may inspire others as I have been inspired.

My first was an aluminum Rubberset. I found the knot I ordered was a bit small and was very worried about having a gap, thus I over did it on the epoxy and it hit some of the bristle base. I don't think it will end up having an affect on the brush, just an aesthetic blemish. I take it as part of my learning curve and still love this brush. The brush itself stands 5 1/2 inches tall.

proxy.php

My second was a plain Ever-Ready 300E. I drilled right through the shelf when I was preparing this for the knot and decided on a whim to fill it with some extra weight. I call this one the rattler.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think.

I just finished a restoration of my own. What a fun time and SWMBO doesn't mind nearly as much cause is costs less than a brand new brush.

My own personal story aside, those are some fine looking brushes. Good work.

Top Bottom