What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock VS Feather

what do you like better and why?
Gillette 7 O'Clock VS Feather

DING DING DING!!!

but really...
I was a big fan of the now discontinued Gillette Swedes but since i have not been into the hobby too long i have yet to stockpile any of them up. are the 7 O'Clock blades just as good or better? compared to the Feather is it worth the price jump?

I have used the 7 oclock yellows and hated them...they were second only to merkur blades for me...however, the 7 oclock black package worked well in my merkur 1904, very smooth cut and forgiving blade...

the feathers...a different beast...but a gentle giant if you ask me...the feathers will annihilate any hair in it's way...as with any sharp object on your face, respect is vital...I love the feather blades in my gillette slim adjustable and could take or leave the gillette 7 oclock blades and definitely keep my feathers for my slim...

red pack personna blades are my favorite in any razor that is not my slim...especially my slant...

I agree. Interestingly enough I used a Gillette 7 oclock for the first time yesterday morning in my 37C Slant and it was a skipping/dull nightmare. So much so that midshave I switched out to a fresh Feather.

These are actually my two favorite blades and (for me) they are the sharpest. Which I like more is dependent on what razor I'm using them in.

To be honest, I fail to see what all the hoopla over Feathers blades is about. Perhaps my expectations have been built up too high, or maybe my face just doesn't like them. They were alright, but no shaving nirvana.

The Gillette's do work quite well for me. I would purchase, and use, them any day over a Feather. Cheaper too, of course.

They both work great in my slant. The feather does, however, require more care. Even though they are both really sharp, the feather is noticeably sharper. The resultant shaves from both are almost indistinguishable. The only real advantage to a feather is that I can get more shaves out of it than I can out of a yellow 7 o'clock.

My two favorite blades. Feathers are a little better for me, but only as a treat--most of the time I use the GY 7s. I just can't justify the price jump

Having gone through a sampler pack the 2 blades I thought are the best are Gillette 7 o 'clock yellows and Feathers. However the Feather for me was the stand out blade.

Feathers are now my "go to" blade.

I should add my findings are only based on use in an HD.

I am just getting started and my starter blades included Lord, Treat, Yellow 7 Oclock and yesterday was the feather.

After my second day of using the feather on 5 in my Fatboy I think I have my permanent blade. Closest thing to a hassle free and BBS shave.

Just to make sure, I am going to work my way back down through the sample selection one more time before I finalize the choice.

I have a pretty tough beard and resilient skin, and I go with Feathers every time. The Gillettes are good, but nothing on the Feathers for me.

These are easily my two favorite blades. I have an easier time going ATG with the Feathers, but the 7 o' Clocks seem to stay sharper for longer. The Feathers, IMO, are a little overpriced given how similar the Feathers and 7 o' Clocks perform.

I got a better shave from the Gillette's. They shaved smoother with less cuts/irritation then Feathers in a 40s SS and fatboy.

They both work great in my slant. The feather does, however, require more care. Even though they are both really sharp, the feather is noticeably sharper. The resultant shaves from both are almost indistinguishable. The only real advantage to a feather is that I can get more shaves out of it than I can out of a yellow 7 o'clock.

+1 from Tommy C.

I shaved with a Feather for the first time yesterday in my HD and it was easily one of my best shaves in the roughly six months I have been shaving with a DE. I think that you ought to try the two blades head-to-head for a week or two, and then decide. I now understand why they are the rage, and I think that it is, more or less, justified.

Top Bottom