What's new

More Handles

I have attached pictures of two more handles with a more stream lined design per the suggestion of a couple of B&B members. The test handles are made of pine, and will continue to be, until I get one I like the looks and feel of before I install an expensive Silver Tip Kont. Please provide comments and suggestions, all are very much appreciated.

No offense but your turnings look more like baseball bat then shaving brushes.
There's nothing new in spindle turning, the designs that the major manufacturers use originated in classic architecture and cabinet making.
There's no rule that says you can't take these classic designs and stretch them out.
I've copied the pictures of brush designs that I like as starting point for my own creations.

No offense but your turnings look more like baseball bat then shaving brushes.
There's nothing new in spindle turning, the designs that the major manufacturers use originated in classic architecture and cabinet making.
There's no rule that says you can't take these classic designs and stretch them out.
I've copied the pictures of brush designs that I like as starting point for my own creations.

This is why I asked the length. I've seen some longer handles, but they are generally fatter and have a more traditional brush handle shape.

Top Bottom